Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Completely Off Topic - But If You Want A Laugh (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/completely-off-topic-but-if-you-want-a-laugh-607756/)

JJBhoy Apr 14th, 2006 02:16 PM

Completely Off Topic - But If You Want A Laugh

Sorry for going off-topic but I thought this video was so funny I just had to share it.

It's a Belgian talk-show about hospital operations gone wrong & the guy being interviewed was unfortunate enough to have had his testicles removed by mistake.

Make sure you watch it with the sound turned up - even although it's in Flemish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_yQOEbgq5A

Jim

Neopolitan Apr 14th, 2006 02:25 PM

Too funny. I wonder if that TV interviewer is still employed?

cigalechanta Apr 14th, 2006 02:33 PM

Well, he didn't really lose them He was on the show that took B****.

AAFrequentFlyer Apr 14th, 2006 02:38 PM

That is too funny....

Thanks!

Scarlett Apr 14th, 2006 03:15 PM

Omigod, that is SO funny. So familiar, I have a family full of people incapable of being serious when they should be LOL

crefloors Apr 14th, 2006 03:18 PM

OMG!!!!! That poor host..I know how that is, I'm like that and trust me, when the time in inappropriate it's awful because you just can't help yourself...once you get started you're just gone. I can't believe no one in the audience was laughing..I was dying here!!!!!!!!

Neopolitan Apr 14th, 2006 03:23 PM

Being serious when you're supposed to. . .

Here's to Chuckles, the clown:

"A little song, a little dance,
A little seltzer down the pants."

Mary Tyler Moore Show

wren Apr 14th, 2006 03:28 PM

That is hilarious...how we can all get a kick out of something not knowing a word, but knowing just what it's about is great! Just a quick aside: my husband was in a Belgian hospital last summer and did have surgery...I can't wait to show him this! He will be a combination of relieved and cracking up!!!

cls2paris Apr 14th, 2006 04:11 PM

Oh my - that is hysterical, thanks! I have been in those situations also and it is hard to keep a straight face once you've lost it. I can't believe no one in the audience was laughing either.

gomiki Apr 14th, 2006 04:15 PM

LOL...have to save this! And..yes, why was the audience so staid??

StCirq Apr 14th, 2006 04:17 PM

Omigod that's hysterical! I'M hysterical...

thanks for sharing!

laclaire Apr 14th, 2006 04:24 PM

Yeah for those of us who laugh at inappropriate times. A few weeks ago I was at my Grandfather's funeral and my mother had chosen a hymn for everyone to sing. Well, I was between my parents and we are for sure the worst singers ever and we all started laughing to the point that we couldn't sing. Luckily the entire church was singing, but it was horribly embarassing. When the laughter gets to you, though, there is no stopping it!

gomiki Apr 14th, 2006 04:39 PM

laclaire, thanks for the memory..my sister and I sat next to each other for the funeral of our uncle and I don't remember what was said but it was over for us!! It's like that Mary Tyler Moore episode....

worldinabag Apr 14th, 2006 06:20 PM

LOL

Just goes to show - one slip of the knife and Bob's your aunty!!

tondalaya Apr 14th, 2006 06:23 PM

Funny how it takes alot of balls to laugh.

Neopolitan Apr 14th, 2006 06:26 PM

I wish I understood Flemish, but I'm almost sure at the end I understood the interviewer to say, "oh, testicles. I thought you said tentacles."

tondalaya Apr 14th, 2006 06:34 PM

I thought he said testerone.

celticmoon Apr 14th, 2006 06:52 PM

How funny was that! I'm still laughing!

Reminds me of the time I took my young 2 year nephew to Christmas Eve service. It was very quiet except for the minister speaking. My nephew proceeded to drop all his candies on the floor underneath the pew. I told him to leave them or now and he spent the duration of the Christmas service looking down at them and pointing to them. I could not stop laughing, and I laugh now to think of it. You had to be there.

Clifton Apr 14th, 2006 07:26 PM

And I thought that singing soprano thing was a myth.

poor host. poor guest. drugged audience, I think...

Seamus Apr 14th, 2006 08:55 PM

Just a hunch, but I'd bet most (our favorie Floridian excepted) of the posters on this are female. Maybe because the guys are having difficulty typing as they sit here with jaw dropped, eyes bulging and both hands cupped over... well, guess where?