Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Complete Follow up on Previous Post of Three Country Travel & still have money to spend (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/complete-follow-up-on-previous-post-of-three-country-travel-and-still-have-money-to-spend-742255/)

virgi Oct 11th, 2007 03:57 PM

Complete Follow up on Previous Post of Three Country Travel & still have money to spend

Here's the break-down for anyone that takes cost into consideration, yet wants to stay in safe, clean, and convenient to sites without all the frills.
Miami to Frankfurt, R/T $521.10 366EUR
1-night in Frankfurt, Haus der Jugend,"Located 1 km from the old city center,opera house, museums & restaurants" $28.46 20EUR hihostels.com

Leave Frankfurt for Amsterdam, air, $123.13 87EUR R/T
sidestep.com lufthansa air

2-nights @ Amsterdam Vondelpark"the green heart of Amsterdam, walking distance to VanGogh, Riijkmuseum, & the Leidelsplien. $76.35 54.40EUR stayokay.com
Leave Amsterdam for Paris (air) $123.13 87EUR R/T Vueling.com
2-nights @Village Hostel "We are located in one of the picturesque areas in Paris with a village like character &peaceful atmosphere. $67.35 53.30EUR hostelbookers.com
3 nights at Paris Jules Ferry "Placed in a popular but quiet historical district,near numerous tourist attractions, metros & buses. $89.65 63EUR hihostels.com
Fly Back To Amsterdam
5 nights at aforementioned Vondelpark (now the rates went up slightly) $177,00 125.20EUR
Fly back to Frankfurt (aforementioned return trip)
2 nights at Heidelburg" situated on the river Nectar between the OdenwaldMountains and the Rhine,Castle,Church, swimming pool." $67.73 47.60EUR
hihostels.com
2 nights at Rothenburg Romantic Road "close to the centre of Germany's best preserved medieval town, Gothic Church,museums, & intriguing Reichssttadmusuem."
$62.60 44EUR hihostel.com

For those that want to go to Europe and don't wish to spend an exuberant amount, I hope this is comprehensible. I'm not promoting any of the sites I'm only sharing another option to go. I still have 2 nights that needs to be filled, I'll book them over there. Keep in mind that many of these hostels have private rooms, some have kitchens, and most include breakfast. As far as the airfare, I had to stay on-line and check almost everything, before I got the good rates, so it does take time. I look at it as a challenge & I don't mind giving a trip report if anyone's interested, when I get back. In the meantime, thanking all of you for your generosity in the extremely helpful input I recieved from these forums. By the way, the info in quotation marks are from the web pages of the places, not from me.

StCirq Oct 11th, 2007 04:06 PM

Well done, and useful info for anyone traveling on a tight budget!

And I really love the "exuberant amount" bit :)

janisj Oct 11th, 2007 04:07 PM

It really would be best if you posted this to the other thread where you discussed your trip/money . . . . .

virgi Oct 11th, 2007 04:26 PM

Janis it's #4 on my computer the money page see it? right here Europe.

virgi Oct 11th, 2007 04:27 PM

no, now it's #8