I did read up a bit on this but still not clear (my head is getting groggy with planning a 5 weeks Europe trip in 10 days!)
I intend to travel on EN-944 overnight train from Salzburg to Venice. The options in second class are:
In Compartment, there are 3 options in dropbox, namely Window / Central / Corridor.
In Saloon, there are 2 options in dropbox, namely Window / Corridor.
Considering it is a night train (not much of a "view" to partake) and I would be traveling solo (female) with reasonable luggage, what would be more comfortable and safe option to choose?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 3 Driving
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 6 Poland--where else to go
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 5 days in Andalusia
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 11 South of France
- 12 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 13 GTG Paris December 2017
- 14 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 15 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 16 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 17 Shall we Gdansk?
- 18 Help with Spain itinerary
- 19 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 23 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 24 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 25 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
"Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?