Compare 2 hotels in Seville

Jun 12th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Mary

Compare 2 hotels in Seville

We're going to Spain the middle of October and are interested in 2 hotels in Seville. They are Casa de la Juderias and Hosteria Del Laurel. I know about all the raves on Fodors on Casa and have read good reviews on the Hosteria. I also know one is 2 star and one 3. How much of a difference is there between the 2? Money wise, one is about $50.00 more a night. I know neither is 5 star so is the extra $50.00 worth it? Thanks for any help.

Jun 12th, 2002, 05:43 PM
mary

I'm topping this, hoping someone sees it and can help. Thanks.

Jun 12th, 2002, 06:10 PM
xxx

What do you want us to say? Obviously the one that is $50 a night more is a nicer place or in a better location. To ask us if it is worth it is an impossible question. How much is something worth to you? Are nicer beds important? Larger or nicer room? Better location? More attractive surroundings or neighborhood? Some people are happy as long as the room is clean and there are beds. Is that true of you? If you like nicer places then obviously the $50 is worth it. If those things mean nothing to you, then it isn't worth $50 more. Sorry to sound blunt, but this is just so obvious.

Jun 12th, 2002, 06:22 PM
mary

Hey xxx or whatever, I did not ask an impossible question. On their web sites, the pictures look comparable. And I have stayed places that were suppose to be really fantastic and weren't. Anyway, I asked if there was anyone who knew the answer to my problem, not if there was some one out there with nothing better to do then critique questions asked. But thanks so much for your interest

Jun 12th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Pete

We stayed at Hosteria Del Laurel, it was very nice. Great central location, clean comfortable room, pleasant and helpful staff, good restaurant downstairs.

Jun 13th, 2002, 04:41 AM
ustoo

We are also leaning towards Hosteria del Laurel...Pete can you tell us how long ago you were there,what you paid and how the bathrooms were. thanks

Jun 13th, 2002, 05:22 AM
olga

I know it will seem like free publicity because I work for the company, but just look at Judería´s website at www.casasypalacios.com .
The rooms are nicer, with more details amd the service is 4 stars at least. Also the beautiful courtyards, and public areas make for a great atmosphere.

Hostería del Laurel is in the middle of the Santa Cruz quarter,in a pedestrianized area that you cannot reach by car. The hotel itself is more compact and functional if any of you have any difficulty walking, Juderia is more spread out in samll buildings.

I hope this helps making your mind up.

Jun 13th, 2002, 05:51 AM
money

But the Juderia is much more expensive as far as I can see. Also one doesn't need a car in Seville so having parking isn't a big deal. We plan to arrive by train, taxi to hotel then taxi to car rental to pick up our car when we leave Seville. Still would like to hear more info on Hosteria del Laurel.

Jun 13th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Mary

Thank you, Olga. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Its still going to be a hard decicion, but atleast now I have some criteria, besides pictures and a price. Thanks!

Jun 13th, 2002, 09:10 PM
r

Each one is unique and special. Which ever one you choose you will have a wonderful time in Sevilla-- one of my favorite places in the world. I think it would be quieter at the Casa de la Juderias, however. The Barrio is cleaned thoroughly every night from about midnight to 3 am and it can be very noisy over there near Hosteria Del Laurel as they spend hours dragging the trash cans over the cobblestones. Plus the revelers do a lot of partying in those restaurants there and although it's fun, it can get a bit raucous. On the other hand, Hosteleria has a great staff and the restaurant isn't bad either. Tough choice but I don't think there are any mistakes in this one. r

Jun 15th, 2002, 05:33 PM
colleenk

Stayed at the Casa de la Juderias last June and absolutely loved it. Staff very helpful-great service. Location great and very charming rooms and court yards. Ate nearby the Hosteria Del Laurel which looked nice from the outside but agtree that it would be in a noisier setting if that's important to you. Planning on returning to Seville next May and will defintely be going back to the Casa!

Jun 15th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Patrick

Casa de la Juderias is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about it. I don't know Hosteria Del Laurel, but it would have to be something to even be only $50 less that Case de la Juderias! I don't call that "much more expensive".

Jun 18th, 2002, 08:48 AM
gracie

Stayed at Casas de la Judería in February..
I would return in a heartbeat! Great room, impressively clean. Nice staff..nicer breakfast. Great location but don't go to sevilla by car !! the hotel is located in Santa Cruz and it's an absolute maze..
gracie