Como hotels:La Pergola or Silvio

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:45 AM
jabez

Como hotels:La Pergola or Silvio

Trying to decide between the two. LaPergola is $25 more and I'm not sure if all rooms have views/terraces.
Thanks

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Dale

Stayed a few nights at Hotel Silvio (Bellagio) last spring. Don't know if all rooms have a view, but ours did. Small, clean, friendly place with a good kitchen. Locals fill the dining room every night. The padrone catches fish from the lake daily for the kitchen. I'd go back.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 03:47 AM
brad

Bump

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Patrick

Will you have a car? We stayed in Bellagio and had a wonderful dinner at Silvio, but were strongly advised not to walk there as the only way is along a rather busy and terribly dangerous road -- no place to walk except in the road which is blind to drivers. I had hoped to stay there in the future, but would never do so without a car. After dinner they called a taxi, but it was a good 45 minute wait to get one, as they were all busy.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:35 AM
sharon

I haven't stayed at Silvio, but as the previous poster said, it is not an easy place to base yourself if without a car. But very good meals and a nice experience. I have posted about La Pergola before, the rooms vary in size and I am unsure about the views, ask and they will accomodate your request for both if possible. We had a large corner room, with a wrap around balcony, it was very charming. Resturant is good and meals are served on the terrace under a pergola. It was great.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:40 AM
jabez

We will have a car,but I had hoped to be able to walk to/from town day and night.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Patrick

No way at Silvio!!!!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 09:24 AM
jabez

Patrick
Thank you for your direct response.I think I'll look at something other than Silvio.I'm waiting to see if LaPergola has the rooms I want (terraces and views)for my arrival date.If not,I'll go to plan "B". Of course,I don't know yet what that plan is.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:46 PM
jack

Take a look at Verenna as its easy to get my car or train.The lake is easily traveled by boat.We went to Bellagioand Mennagio.It was great.chow