We are returning to Italy, but this time visiting the Lake Como area and to Florence. we have been in Florence 2 years ago so no need to do the touristy stuff. We will head more to the country side during the day. However, as far as the Como area, we will be there for 3-4 days and the. Drive from Como, to Florence, making a stop or 2 along the way.
1) looking what should we do I the Como area. We are foodies, like little shops and cute villages/towns. Is it better to have car or travel by public transportation here?
2) driving fromcomo to Florence, where should we stop along the way. I was thinking Parma and Modena and surrounding areas.
3) cinque terre from Florence, is it worth a day trip? We've been to the amalfi coast, and will be coming back for the lake Como area, so I imagine it will be quite similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around Lisbon
- 2 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 3 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 4 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 5 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 6 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 7 Rome Hotel
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 10 Moscow Hotels
- 11 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 12 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 17 Spain in 2018
- 18 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 19 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 20 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 21 Christmas week in Ireland
- 22 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 23 Which Aran Island??
- 24 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 25 Help me pick a destination --- Please!