My husband and I will be in Venice for three days in the end of May, 2017 for our 20th anniversary. (First trip to Venice.) We're looking at a couple of Air BnB's in a couple of different sestieri. We would like to be a bit away from the heavy tourist areas, but also have a great selection of restaurants who offer great food, romance and more reasonable pricing than the touristy areas. Of course, we realize we can get to just about anything fairly easily. We also want to take into consideration that we will be traveling to Venice via Tuscany (Montici) and leaving out of Marco Polo airport at the end of our stay. (Not sure yet what method of transportation we will be using from Montici. That's another topic.)
Here are the two apartments we are considering at this point:
We like the first because it's elegant, beautiful, seems to be in a pretty/romantic/quieter/interesting sestiere and the price looks very reasonable at the time we're going (about $148 per night including tax and fees). That being said, it has no view, according to reviews, and we will have to walk up 3 flights of stairs with two sets of heavy luggage (we'll be gone almost 3 weeks).
We like the second one because it's beautiful, seems to be in a good location, has only one flight of stairs and it has two balconies and a terrace. Although the price is more than we want to pay at the time we're going (about $180 per night including tax and fees), we're willing to spend it if we feel like it's worth the extra expense.
When we see pictures of Cannaregio (where the second one is located), it looks more industrial and not-so-pretty. Whereas, Castello (where the first one is located) looks so pretty and quaint. But these are all just pictures and I know you all can give me recommendations based on your experiences.
We're in our mid-50's, still love romance, love great food and wine (and perhaps a cocktail after dinner). Can anyone help to sway us towards one apartment/sestiere or the other? If you need more info, please ask.
Thank you for your kindness and time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 3 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 6 Help with Venice Trip?
- 7 Dubrovnik
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 10 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 11 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 12 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 15 Norte Dame light show!
- 16 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 17 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 18 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 10 Days in Austria
- 21 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 22 Greece in end October
- 23 Champagne Tours
- 24 GTG Paris December 2017
- 25 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg