Search

Coach Tour to Sterling Castle

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2003, 03:21 PM
MHS
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coach Tour to Sterling Castle

From Edinburgh we would like to spend a day seeing a bit of the Scottish countryside &amp; Sterling Castle appeals. Two companies offer much the same trip (we do not want to drive ourselves). One is Rabbies Trail Burners and the other is Prestige Tours. I have checked both webs sites and compared the day trip for Sterling. Has anyone any experience with either company? Any comments on Sterling etc. Both include the Trossachs &amp; Lock Lomond.<BR>Thank you.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 03:26 PM

First of all - it is Stirling (not Sterling) and Loch (not Lock) Lomond.<BR><BR>Both companies are well run and offer good tours. I would just go with the one that fits best into your time table and budget.<BR><BR>You could easily do Stirling on you own by train from Edinburgh - but it would be harder to get to the other places on the tours.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 03:27 PM

I assume you mean Stirling.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 03:35 PM
MHS
Original Poster

Please forgive my spelling/typos. Only excuse is aging eyes and evening time.<BR>Thanks comparing the two, Janis. Know about the train, but we are already using train for London, Chester,York to Edinburgh.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 04:35 AM

Hi MHS ... On my last trip to Scotland I booked two day trips with Prestige Tours and I highly recommend them. The coaches were very comfortable and the drivers/guides very quick to point out not only the sights but also the legends and lore of the area. <BR><BR>Enjoy your trip I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 05:00 AM

Make sure the tour you choose actually stops in Stirling with time for visiting the castle. While I think day-tours are a great way to see lots of countryside in a short time, some items listed on the tour itineraries are actually just a &quot;drive by&quot; or maybe a 5-minute photo stop.