Long time reader first time poster, I am traveling to Europe with my husband and our 2 sons (13 & 14) in October. Just thought I'd look for some advice on a few things.
1) looking to do the overnight train from Paris to Munich, this will save a day of traveling and we can share a 4 berth compartment. Does this train travel every day? (night).
In Paris I would like to be handy to the train station it leaves from... Is that Gare du Nord? 2) Have 3 days to show my boys Paris, where would be the best area to be staying ?
Also going to Switzerland, friends have recommended Lucerne as a lovely place to stay, we will be traveling to see relatives in Lovero (near Tirano) so will be going over the Alps. Very Excited!! 3) Is Lucerne the best place to spend a night and a day ??
Have booked hotels in Florence and Rome, and feel happy about my choices but am just confused when it comes to Paris.
Thanks for your time
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 4 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon