Coach Plus anyone?

Mar 21st, 2002, 10:20 AM
julie

Coach Plus anyone?

We are going to Brirain next fall and, absolutely dreading the pinched seats on BA, have secured seats in "coach plus"> Has anyone been in this class of seat, and what does it offer in added comfort, etc. I'd like to know ahead of time if it will be worth the added $$$?

Mar 21st, 2002, 11:18 AM
linda

We came back from London on United Airlines in the Coach Plus seats. There's just a few inches difference in seating space, but it really does make a big difference in comfort. There was no other difference in the service. I guess it depends on the cost if it's worth it or not. We didn't have to pay because our connecting flight was late and we missed our scheduled flight. They felt sorry for us, so it was a free upgrade.

Mar 21st, 2002, 11:58 AM
Sue

I flew in those BA dreadful pinched seats from San Francisco to London non-stop. I thought for sure I would die of a blood clot. If those seats have any extra room at all it'll be worth the price. I wish I had known about them at the time.

Mar 21st, 2002, 12:02 PM
travelStory

Are you flying United, or is your inquiry about the "World Traveller Plus" category of seats on British Airways? About the former, I have no experience. About the latter, I can relay to you my husband's experience in February. He flew BA WTP from Seattle to Heathrow. He told me that there are few seats (just a few rows) dedicated to this category. (This will prove to be important to the rest of this story.) He said there was more leg room and the seats were somewhat more roomy than those in (awful) Coach. However, the piece de resistance was on his return. Because WTP seating is so limited, and because a WTP fare is a full fare dollar-wise (that is, not an economy class w/restrictions), and because the WTP section was oversold on the return, he was bumped to Business Class for the return. Ectasy. Well, for an airplane flight! And, for all those fashionistas out there, my husband, the Yank, was dressed in wool gab slacks, nice shirt, sportcoat, and leather oxford dress shoes. Good thing, he approached the counter first for check-in. Because when the agent saw my h's British work associate, who was dressed in jeans, rugby shirt, and Nikes, he asked if he had "something else available to wear", before bumping him to Biz Class!

Search this Thread