Club Med in Provence/Cote d'Azur

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:23 AM
ingrid

Club Med in Provence/Cote d'Azur

Does anybody have any first-hand experience with one or more of the three Club Meds in southern France that cater to families? I would like to here about it. Also, any other recommendations for family-oriented vacation "parks' would be appreciated.<BR>Thanks!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Francie

Sorry, Ingrid, but never have been to Club Med in SoFrance, but have been to Club Med in Tahiti years ago. It was wonderful. Since this was quite awhile ago, don't know about family catering. Could you possibly check out on their website?<BR>Francie

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:38 AM
ingrid

Thanks for the attempt to help. We've been several times to Club Meds in the Caribbean and Florida (plus I've checked out their website). Still, I'm hoping for some info from people who've been in the French clubs.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Julie

If I remember correctly, there is a Club Med in Le Lavandou which is in the south of France on the Med., but I have never stayed there. I am not sure if this town is considered part of the Cote d'Azur.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Christina

Earlier this summer, we spent a week (wish it was more) in a family resort in Mandelieu-La Napoule (it's just west of Cannes). The resort was part of the Maeva-Latitudes group.<BR><BR>With our 4 and 6 year old girls, it was perfect! 2 beds in the living room, and 2 bunk beds, a kitchen and eating area, plus bathroom. Not exactly spacious or private, but France is not known for large accommodations.<BR><BR>The facilities had a huge on-site pool (warm), and there was a club for kids to go to (July and August). Basically, the club had sitters who would do activities with the kids for either the morning or afternoon while the parents got to explore the "boring" things the kids didn't want to do anyway.<BR><BR>We were within walking distance of the beach (a sort of long walk).<BR><BR>We stayed in early July, which I thought was great weather and crowd wise. I'm told the French don't start their holidays until Bastille Day (July 14).

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 10:01 AM
ingrid

We're planning a multi-generational vacation (kids 11 and 13 by then) with everybody having a wide range of interests, biking, sailing/kajaking, tennis, relaxing, sightseeing. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:10 PM
metoo

ttt