Reload this Page >

WATERFORD CRYSTAL

Search

WATERFORD CRYSTAL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 09:13 AM
mary

WATERFORD CRYSTAL

GOING TO IRELAND IN AUGUST AND WANT TO KNOW WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO BUY WATERFORD CRYSTAL, IN THE FACTORY OR IN A LOCAL STORE OR BLARNEY WOLLEN MILL AND WHAT CO.IS THAT IN. I AM NOT SURE I THINK IT MIGHT BE NEAR SHANNON IN CO.CLARE??

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 09:22 AM
Cathy

Mary, <BR>Waterford Crystal is just outside the city of Waterford - get a map (see www.ireland.travel.ie) and go to the southeast and find the city of Waterford. If you want to do a tour of the factory it is possible - however don't worry if you don't make it to Waterford as all the main department stores sell Waterford (and other Irish Crystal). Some have a shipping service as well. Best Dublin store to buy in is Clerys (it is cheaper than Brown Thomas, Arnotts etc) Remember Blarney Wollen Mills (Dublin and Cork) and Kilkenny Design (Kilkenny and Dublin)are aimed at tourists and visitors and charge accordingly, Have a good time and enjoy your holidays, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 12:28 PM
Michael

I visited the Waterford Crystal Factory Showroom. And I visited Blarney Woolen Mills. The Blarney Woolen Mills has a huge store, their biggest at Blarney itself. We actually parked in a huge parking lot for the Blarney Woolen Mills Superstrore and walked from the to the entrance of the Blarney Castle. <BR>They have a store in Dublin too. Simply put to find the Blarney Woolen Mills store...just find Blarney Castle..and you can climb up and kiss the Blarney Stone if you like.

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 03:22 PM
herself

Hope your are not looking for a bargain. I found Waterford to be less expensive at our outlet stores then in Ireland.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 05:47 PM
zippy

<BR>If you're looking for the larger pieces (i.e. bowls, chandeliers etc.) go to Ireland but if you're looking for stemware, TJ Maxx or Marshall's still has the bargains. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 04:47 AM
Mark

Hi ...... <BR> <BR>Remember thou, that if you go to the factory shop you should be able to get seconds .... <BR> <BR>This is glassware that is slightly imperfect eg. may have a tiny mark etc. normally you cann't see it without it being pointed out to you .... but the main thing is that it is a LOT cheaper than perfect goods ...... <BR> <BR>Mark