Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Clothes for Summer for Woman 43-Spain (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/clothes-for-summer-for-woman-43-spain-878018/)

miacaraitalia Feb 15th, 2011 07:42 AM

Clothes for Summer for Woman 43-Spain

Well, never been a fashonista, but am really limited on what I can take etc., so what should a woman wear to spain, a fair/feria and so forth. most of the time I will be in the south.

Thanks!

danon Feb 15th, 2011 07:48 AM

what ever is comfortable and cool.
Even in Madrid ( except in the most elegant part of town) I did not notice any particular trend.

danon Feb 15th, 2011 07:49 AM

whatever..

LoveItaly Feb 15th, 2011 08:03 AM

Hello, mia, I have never been to Spain but I have had a friend who was born and raised in Seville. She now lives in the US but her family is still in Seville so she returns there as much as possible. She takes lightweight capris and skirts along with lightweight tops. She also packs a few lightweight dresses for the time they all go to restaurants. She wears sandals or ballarina type flats. Now she doesn't sightsee as much as you will I am sure but she does make sure to take a good walking sandal for the times she is out and about for the day. The ballarina type flats are for relaxing with family or dressing up a dress or skirt/top outfit.

Aduchamp1 Feb 15th, 2011 09:03 AM

Unless you are going to participate in the Feria, it matters little what you wear. Dress comfortably. Our cousins all wear jeans and t-shirts except when going to work.

I have not been in Spain since the summer of 2008, but my joke was you can always know a middle-aged woman in Madrid by her leather pants and punk red hair.

nytraveler Feb 15th, 2011 10:02 AM

The south of Spain is hot as hell in summer and I would think jeans much too hot to wear. You want light fabrics - and preferably not very tight fitting - to be most comfortable.

miacaraitalia Feb 15th, 2011 11:06 AM

Thanks so much... so just be prepared to sweat...

Ackislander Feb 15th, 2011 01:29 PM

A Spanish student explained his life in Southern Spain in the summer as I eavesdropped:

"In the morning, we all go to the beach. We go to my grandmother's house for lunch, it is just a short walk away. Then we all take naps until around 5 because it is too hot to be outside."

rcmk Feb 15th, 2011 07:39 PM

I'm a 45 year old woman and was wondering the same thing. I just ordered a black above the knee skirt from athleta that is light weight so should dry quickly. I am planning on wearing it over a bathing suit and dressing it up to wear out at night.

We will be in Southern Spain in the middle of June. Is it usually really hot then, too?

Thanks!

vinegarexport Jul 17th, 2011 09:55 PM

heiii, iam not from spain & never visit over there,but i know the temperature is very high over there,you should use loose capri & tops,& you can use gowns too.....

nytraveler Jul 18th, 2011 10:14 AM

We have been in late April twice and the temps were well into the 80's - bu June it will probably be near 100.

And you have 1 skirt - to wear as a skirt and a beach cover up? What other skirts, pants, dresses are you taking?