My husband and I are planning our first trip to Ireland in April (my dream trip!). We will be there for two weeks, and planned to stay in Clifden at the end of the 2nd week.
This happens to be the same time as the Clifden Trad Music Festival (April 13-15). So now I have a dilemma. My original plan was to stay in Clifden April 10-13 and head back to Dublin on the 13th (we leave on the 15th from Dublin) and spend the 14th in Dublin. However, now I am wondering if it would be worth it to stick around for the opening night of the festival on April 13 and head back to Dublin on the 14th and just skip seeing Dublin all together (we're heading straight from landing in Dublin to Dingle when we arrive - already planned).
Has anyone been to the festival? Would it be worth it to stick around? Or would it be worth it more to spend a full day in Dublin?
Thanks for any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 2 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 3 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 4 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 5 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 6 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 9 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 12 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT