Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Click Air and Vueling - Would you recommend? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/click-air-and-vueling-would-you-recommend-665101/)

epaulino Dec 19th, 2006 04:24 AM

Click Air and Vueling - Would you recommend?

We are considering these two airlines between Seville and Barcelona and Madrid Barcelona.

Have you had any experience with them? Which Terminal do they use? Are they reliable?

Any other option on a tight schedule and budget?

Nikki Dec 19th, 2006 06:13 AM

I had three flights on Vueling this past summer and would fly again. We got exceptional rates. The planes were new and as comfortable as any. One of the flights was significantly delayed and we were given vouchers for snacks, and I received an e-mail offering a discount on future flights because of the delay.

The Vueling website shows the terminals they use at each airport.

kappa Dec 19th, 2006 06:57 AM

Clickair is a new airline, half of it owned by Iberia, I read. I amd flying it for the first time on 30 Dec, Geneva to Barcelona. I could tell you only then how it went. But I have not heard anything bad about them so far so it should be alright.

lincasanova Dec 19th, 2006 07:22 AM

definitely use them.
no problems so far.
unbeatable rates.

hsv Dec 19th, 2006 10:57 AM

Haven't flown either. But Vueling seems to have a very capable management - their strategy of flying into major airports (following Iberia) seems to work and is definitely perferable over Ryanair's scam strategy of flying into small airports faraway from the indicated destination and Vueling's IPO went smoothly a few weeks ago - also a kind of track record, I presume.

cova Dec 19th, 2006 12:07 PM

I havenīt flown with Clickair (their Barcelona base is not very useful for me), but I have used Vueling a few times and I can fully recommend them.

I have had to use their Customer Service a few times, and they are very quick.

Rgds, Cova

loisco Dec 19th, 2006 12:22 PM

We flew Vueling Barcelona to Paris. It was fine...a bit crowded but aren't they all..

kappa Jan 10th, 2007 02:16 AM

Ok, I flew GVA-BCN-GVA over the new year with Clickair. At Barcelona airport, they use Terminal B like Iberia. Things went just fine both ways, no particular incident. Like other lowcost airlines, no seat assingment and you have to pay food/beverage. Coffee/water/juice were in €1,50 - 2,50 range, not overly expensive.

laclaire Jan 10th, 2007 02:51 AM

I just did Málaga-BCN on Clickair and was very happy with the airline. I hate Vueling, though, because of one too many mess-ups, so Clickair is my new favorite.

artnuvo Jan 10th, 2007 12:04 PM

vueling does provide for seat assignments on booking-just did that for lisbon to barcelona flight in april, and the rates for their flightss are about more than 50% cheaper than the large carriers like tap, iberia, spanair, etc. clickair posts rates 3 months out.