Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

classy, romantic, very French Parisian hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 04:47 PM
Cindy

We are going to be celebrating our 25th anniversary and will be in Paris the week of June 13-21 and are looking for that special hotel. We like impeccable but interesting places. We loved the Audubon cottages/Maison de Ville in New Orleans and the Colony Surf Club at Diamond Head if that gives you any help at all. We would like to have our own bathroom . <BR>

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 02:29 PM
elaine

Cindy, I am not familiar with the two hotels you mentioned, and perhaps others are not either. If you could state an idea of what you'd like to spend and what amenities you require, you may get more responses. <BR>good luck

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 03:06 PM
Lu B.

We, too, will celebrate #25 in 2000. We plan to go to Paris in the fall. I have booked a hotel which I found in Cheap Sleeps in Paris. It is called Hotel le Regent; it looks great and you can get a larger than standard room (deluxe) for more FF if you'd prefer. You can read and view at this website: <BR> <BR>http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75006regent.htm <BR> <BR>I prefer to save the francs on the hotel and use it for dinners and wines and such! As long as I am in a clean, modern room with private bath, I'm happy!!

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 04:35 PM
s.fowler

If I had the $$$ I'd stay at Pavillon de la Reine just off Place des Voges. Webstite: http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75003pavillon2.htm <BR> <BR>Absent that if you want the $120 level I recommend the Renoir room at Hotel Bersoly's, 28 rue de Lille. you can search for my reports. Website is: http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h75007bersolys2.htm <BR> <BR>Enjoy!

Old Jan 13th, 2000, 05:14 AM
TC

Cindy; See my post "Our Romantic 30th Anniversary in Paris" on this forum. Our hotel was wonderfully "french" in a very authentic way. Although it did not cost nearly as much as what you would have paid for the Audubon Cottages at Maison de Ville, a New Orleans hotel is not representative of a French hotel. These are two completely different experiences. Hotel rooms in general in Paris are much smaller and more efficent that those in the States. Ours was indeed "impeccable" with a private bath and a tiny balcony, luxurious down douvet and pillows and a great location. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary. Congratulations on 25 years.