Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Citibank in italy? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/citibank-in-italy-108469/)

Sue Feb 25th, 2001 06:54 PM

Citibank in italy?

Is it easy to find a CITIBANK in Rome, Florence, and Venice?

Patrick Feb 25th, 2001 07:34 PM

You can check their website at www.citibank.com/locations <BR>According to that however, I found only two listed in Italy -- Milan and Rome. The Rome one is at 2/4 via Abruzzi, and open from 8:30 to 1:30 and from 2:30 to 4:00, presumably Monday thru Friday. Is there a reason you need the actual bank? If you have a Citibank ATM card that should work almost anywhere.

spanky555999 Oct 10th, 2012 12:03 PM

Just to let everyone know Citibank has not had a branch in either Rome or Milan since 2006. We went there today for 3 hours looking for a building that almost resembled an old hotel. As if it wasnt bad enough without using a gps or hardly anyone to ask in English or Spanish. I called the collect line for citibank to have the guy on the other end almost laugh at me when I told him where I was. I hope this helps someone since this this post is 11 years old with no updates.

Christina Oct 10th, 2012 12:26 PM

You should have checked their website before going if that one particular bank was so important to you, it would show there aren't any. Lots of banks aren't in every country, what difference does it make.

spanky555999 Oct 10th, 2012 12:36 PM

I did check the websites.... three other blogs online said they were there too. Check the Citibank website cuse it still shows it. Unless aftmer telling the guy off he might have gotten someone to fix it.

spanky555999 Oct 10th, 2012 12:45 PM

I know you wanted to feel smart for once but I was trying to help people. No need for the smart ass remarks. And after telling them about it they did remove it. Plus the they were also in Germany too and they cleared that up also.

Peter_S_Aus Oct 10th, 2012 12:48 PM

Swanky, an interesting first post.

Welcome to Fodors!

Peter_S_Aus Oct 10th, 2012 12:49 PM

Make that Spanky, not Swanky.

spanky555999 Oct 10th, 2012 12:55 PM

LOL!! Sorry I couldn't believe the sudden attack. I was just upset because I wanted to take out more than the amount allowed for the day. I even remember talking to the banker about it the week before I left and even he saw it.

Mimar Oct 10th, 2012 02:15 PM

For others reading this thread, you can talk to your bank before your trip and arrange to raise the daily limit. Then you won't have to take time out of your trip to try to find a non-existent branch.

The other limit is per transaction limit of the individual ATM. You can usually get around that by making multiple withdrawals at the same machine or at different ones.

Cambero Sep 20th, 2013 07:36 AM

Thanks for posting Spanky.

Now I know to not waste my time looking for a branch in Rome or Florence.

The citibank website does not play nice with our mobile, and the call kept 'dropping off' when I called the collect number, usually when I mentioned Rome. Wether it occurred purposely or not, I am passed caring. Thanks again.