citadine louvre information

Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

citadine louvre information

Does anyone have any recent information about the Citadine, Louvre location. I am planning a trip in June with 2 adults and 2 children and we are interested in a clean, safe, air conditioned location. The rates I found seemed reasonable, I'm just hoping to avoid making a big mistake. The price was simliar to the Holiday Inn, republique but the Citadine location seemed to be more central.

thanks for any info
Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:48 PM

This sounds llike the apartment complex that used to be owned by Orion Enterprises. I looked at it a few years back and remember that the location seemed very central and the units well laid out. At that time there was 24-hour desk service and laundry facilities, which would be good for a family.
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:41 AM

Citadines can vary a bit based on age. I have seen the St Germain des Pres and the Haussman one and they were both very nice. If you want to see photos of the interior go here and click Download description of residence:

http://www.citadines.com/uhot/uwres_ltpms68.htm

To see other residences in Paris go here ( http://www.citadines.com/ ) and click "Your Destination".

Keep in mind that maid service in most Citadines is weekly only. Daily service is available at an extra charge except in the few locations that include it.
Jan 23rd, 2004, 07:48 AM

I just stayed in the Citadine Louvre from Dec. 26-30. It was wonderful. The location can't be beat if you plan on sticking to central things mostly. We only took the metro twice, once to go to Trocadero and once to go to Notre Dame when it was late and raining. You can easily walk to most sites. The rooms were very nice and clean, and there were instructions for air conditioning, so it is at least there (I can't comment on how well it works). There was very little street noise at night despite the fact that we were on the corner of the building facing the Louvre. There is 24 hour internet downstairs along with the 24 hour desk and room-key entry to the building so we felt very secure. It is an apartment service, not a hotel though, so understand that most services will cost extras. Breakfast was 8 euros and they charge if you need for toilet paper, luckily there is a monoprix a few blocks away! Be careful if you book through expedia. While we were there a group came in thinking they had the one bedroom/living room apartment for 4 people, but they had actually booked the studio for 2 people. When we booked through expedia this almost happened to us, so just make sure you read carefully before you pay for anything.

Search this Thread