Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Circus animals on the loose in A'dam

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4222230.shtml
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM

Amsterdamned is often called a zoo and not for this reason
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:58 AM

A few years ago we were staying with friends in Zaventem, outside Brussels. A traveling circus came to town, complete with several lions and tigers. The circus was setting up less than 2 blocks from our friends' apartment. We walked by the circus as it was setting up. Those lions and tigers did not look in any way tame and they also looked seriously annoyed. We knew that if they somehow escaped, there would be big trouble.
While the circus was in town, we spent as little time outside as possible. Was really creepy having those predators just down the street.
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM

I'm visiting friends in L.A. this week and read an article in the paper about a chimp that escaped from some sort of wildlife facility here. Moe is apparently quite tame, almost humanized (he eats with a fork and spoon!) and familiar with the "outside world." The owners think it's even possible he hopped on a train. Now, wouldn't that be a surprise on Amtrak?
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 10:03 AM

We were vacationing on the Ile d'Oléron a few years ago, and I went out one afternoon for a jog around a fairly remote part of the island. I came around a bend in the path and there in front of me was a baby elephant!

I thought I was hallucinating until I did a wide end run around it and came across a bunch of circus vans and tents and saw a field with llamas and other beasts. None of them was tethered. At least there weren't any really dangerous species in sight. But I really thought I was losing my mind when I came across that elephant.