Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cinque terrre hotel help La Spiaggia Hotel or la colonnina or other?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been doing a lot of research on places to stay in Cinque terre for our stay sept. 6th-10th for our honeymoon. We are leaning on Monterosso because of the beach and more restaurants.

I have a quote from La Spiaggia hotel for 160 euros with balcony, private beach, and a/c he said. I have read mix reviews on the place, but location looks good. I also have a quote from la colonnina for 148 euros balcony and ac. What would you choose or is there another hotel/B&B someone can recommend? Is a private beach important in Montorosso? How much do they charge if you do not have a hotel with private beach?

Thanks,
Mark
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 07:17 AM

Check out Villa Steno in Monterosso. We stayed there in September 07 and loved it.

Great location, rooms with gorgeous views and the most helpful and charming owners.

Happy Honeymoon!
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:56 AM

Try La Mala, located in my favorite town of the 5, Vernazza-

http://www.lamala.it/en/index.html

Old Feb 13th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Townsend,

I just went through the same decision. Took me days to decide but finally booked La Spiaggia because it is on the beach. Let me know what you decide. When are you going? We will be there mid June.

Sebina
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Sabina,

We really like the idea about being close to the beach. I think both would be good. Hope you have a great stay there this summer
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM

villa steno looks amazing and I looked into staying there for my honeymoon. however we chose la torretta B&B in manarola. the place was amazing! our room didn't have a balcony but it was in a private part of the hotel and the view from our bedroom window was amazing. the serivce was excellent and the breakfast was one of the best we had in Italy. it is very easy to travel from town to town in the cinque terre. the beach at manarola is not a sandy beach though rather like a grotto with deep water swiming and rocks to lay on. beautiful. monterosso was beautiful as well as vernazza but I would stya again in Manarola to be aware from the crowds. also as I recall La Torretta was significantly less expensive in comparison to Villa Steno. I went in June 2006.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 06:32 AM

Another vote for <b>La Mala</b> in Vernazza. The best lodging in Cinque Terre for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.

http://www.lamala.it/en/index.html

Once you see the website and check out the tripadvisor.com reviews and photos, you'll want to go right now!

The train from Vernazza to Monterossa is a mere 5-7 minutes, so you'll be on the beach pronto.

Vernazza is picturesque and charming. The harbor is the perfect spot to watch the sunset with your mate. We were there for 3 nights in October and loved it! Next time, we'll stay a week. We had fabulous meals every night at Saldarno's, Il Baretto and Da Piva's. All family run trattorias with excellent local cuisine.

Ciao and Congrats!
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM

I am not familiar with the two hotels you mentioned, but I will also recommend the Hotel Villa Steno. Room Six had a beautiful patio with a view of the sea.

Lovely owners. Pack light and have them do your laundry for 13 Euros. All clean and folded!

Congratulations.
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Hello town
If you like Vernazza (the best)
can you look at google.com
&quot;room in vernazza 5 terre&quot;
or in Trip adv Vernazza forum may be you find what are you looking for
mino
from vernazza