Some of us American women from Monterosso al Mare have started an English version of the town website/blog to keep tourists and travelers updated with what's going on in the recovery of the village and the area after the flash floods of October 25th that heavily damaged the area. The spirit of the community has been incredible, along with the amount of progress that has been made. The New Town will be almost completely back to normal in a few months, and even in the Old Town, which was heavily damaged, most places are planning on being open and ready for tourist season by Easter 2012. The National Park, as well, has outlined plans to have the majority of the hiking trails open by Easter as well.
The site is www.rebuildmonterosso.com and it contains information about donating as well as news and pictures as we rebuild.
Also, Vernazza has the same, savevernazza.com
Thank you everyone for your continued support of this area as we recover from a disaster that proved just how strong the spirit of these little towns is.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 2 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 3 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 4 Shall we Gdansk?
- 5 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 6 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 7 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 8 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 9 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 10 Best Greek Island
- 11 5 days in Andalusia
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 15 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 16 Noxor Platinum Edition
- 17 Sifnos and...Paros? Last minute help
- 18 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 19 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 20 Driving
- 21 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 22 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 23 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Change of resident
- 25 How best to see the Douro Valley?