CT is a very popular topic here (FYI, I have gone through a few threads) so I thought I might be able to get some valuable input from everyone!
I'm planning a trip there in late November/early December, staying in Manarola for two nights. I was wondering if that period is usually still a largely wet one for all the villages, or if it's October that I should be worried about?
My main concern is if it's going to end up raining the whole time I'm there, as I heard that there isn't much else to do in the villages other than hiking (and probably swimming, but not in winter I imagine? Besides I don't swim anyway!)
Given that 3 out of 5 of the Azure trails are closed at the moment, would a day trip to CT suffice? Also, are all the train tracks open between the villages--does anyone know?
My alternative itinerary would be to spend more time in Florence with a day trip to Siena.
Ps. I also have another thread that needs answering please! http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/vienna-to-venice-overnight-train-in-winter.cfm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 3 Malaga Christmas lights
- 4 South of France
- 5 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 6 Help with Spain itinerary
- 7 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 12 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 13 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 14 paris to london- day trip
- 15 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 16 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 17 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 18 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 19 Family vacation
- 20 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 which language school in Italy?
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
Cinque Terre in November--stay there, or day trip (given the weather)?