I am keen to stay in Cinque Terre for couple of days and just spend my days hiking around from one town to the other. Obviously, my timing couldn't be worse. Early August means it will be full of tourists, most rooms are booked and day-trippers would be abundant.
Having said that, is it still worthwhile? Or is it so unbearable that I might as well keep it for the future? I don't think I would get to visit Italy anytime soon in next few years, and gosh, what if I get too old and lazy to hike all towns?
Many think, from what I have read on this forum, that it is over-rated. Is it over-rated even for a first-timer in Italy?
Is it worthwhile to stay in any other town nearby, like La Spezia, Portofino, and make my way to the towns every day? I don't like the sound of it, however. But if anybody has done that, and found it better than being amidst hordes whole day, please share your experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Online + 1800/681/7208 Password recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 2 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 3 Greek Islands, female solo traveller.
- 4 Driving
- 5 Need help with Mykonos vs. Naxos/Paros
- 6 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 7 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 8 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 9 Change of resident
- 10 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 11 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 12 The World's Greatest Churches
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 16 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 17 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 18 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 19 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 20 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 23 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 24 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
Cinque Terre in early August: Nightmare or still worthwhile?