Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Cinque Terre Accomodations (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/cinque-terre-accomodations-306603/)

JB Apr 13th, 2003 07:35 AM

Cinque Terre Accomodations

Any recommendations for places to stay in Cinque Terre? I am planning on being there for 2 nights next week.

kismetchimera Apr 13th, 2003 06:45 PM

JB,the webb for the villages is 5TERRE.COM. There you can find all kinds of informations about hotels and rooms for the night.

Allison Apr 14th, 2003 07:36 AM

JB, What is your budget..what are you looking for? I have been doing a search myself, it's great to collect info from all the CT sites..but the best info is the personal experiences of everyone that frequents this site...You're leaving next week?? Easter w/e or during the week?

cheri Apr 17th, 2003 10:12 AM

I am also researching hotels in that area, and my Karen Brown guide recommends Locanda Miranda in Tellaro outside of Cinque Terre. "A most appealing small inn, in the tiny village of Tellaro, which is more picturesque than the more famous Cinque Terre. In front of the hotel you can hop on a bus for the 15 min. ride to the dock in Lerici. Here, you board the ferry that plies the coastline, getting off and on at whichever of the five Cinque terre villages that catches your fancy."

e_roz Apr 17th, 2003 11:07 AM

Stay in one of the 5 villages. Search this board or try cinqueterre.it<BR>This time of year you can probably walk in and ask around and find a cheap and wonderful room for about 50 euro!

merrymice Apr 17th, 2003 06:58 PM

We just got back from Italy on April 10, 2003. We had a wonderful room in Vernazza for $60 euros a night. It was up a few steps on the sunnyside of the town. It came with a lovely view, a stove, and a clothes line. It was the best room we had this trip. We got the room by going into town, looking at rooms and talking to people. We made sure we arrived in the morning to get a room. It drizzled the first day and we had the trails to ourselves. But when the sun came out so did the tour groups. Every morning the 8am train would arrive with 2 tour groups of Germans and 1 tour group of American ready to hit the stores and the trails. The local was great, but we found the seafood over rated and over priced. All the Americans clutched their copies of Rick Steves' and went to exactly the same resturants in Vernazza. Next time we go, we would try to stay in Riomaggiore or maybe Cornilia. Riomaggiore has a great bakery and the Vernazza has the best foccacia we have ever eaten. It is a beautiful place on Earth, but it is definitly been changed by tourism. These are not real independent villages, they are tourist towns and we are tourists. So we relaxed and enjoyed the view and the wine.

merrymice Apr 17th, 2003 07:04 PM

I forgot to add. Don't depend on the ferry boats for transportation. If the seas are the least bit rough the boats are not able to dock in the small towns without harbours. In four days, the boats only ran 1/2 day.