Cilento Coast or Lake Maggiore

Old Feb 9th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much for this information.

I might be there in April, and trying to find out if it’s worthwhile to go to Sea areas of Marina Di Camerota and Capo Palinuro and possibly do a boat ride to see Grottos - if anyone knows about this?

Thanks again for the valuable information!
Old Feb 9th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Would it be worthwhile to visit Vannulo?
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 05:06 AM

I don't understand your question, "would it be worthwhile?" Did you read the link I posted above, that describes my own visit to Vannulo (Feb 5)? Does it sound interesting to you--the buffalo and the cheese making and the cafe? I certainly thought it was worthwhile. For me.

A 3-day driving trip between Naples and Cilento? So how many nights would you have in the Cilento area? Two?

You can find out about the boat trips once you are there..or ask the hotel once you book. II found this by a minute-long Google search, and you can also find other options:

https://www.costieradelcilento.it/

Last edited by ekscrunchy; Feb 10th, 2023 at 05:11 AM.
Old Feb 10th, 2023, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ekscrunchy
I don't understand your question, "would it be worthwhile?" Did you read the link I posted above, that describes my own visit to Vannulo (Feb 5)? Does it sound interesting to you--the buffalo and the cheese making and the cafe? I certainly thought it was worthwhile. For me.

A 3-day driving trip between Naples and Cilento? So how many nights would you have in the Cilento area? Two?

You can find out about the boat trips once you are there..or ask the hotel once you book. II found this by a minute-long Google search, and you can also find other options:

https://www.costieradelcilento.it/
I didn’t see your Vannulo link, I will look. Vannulo sounds wonderful!!! Thanks for all of this information.
Old Apr 15th, 2023, 08:35 AM

Though I'm slow to see your post and reply, we have been to Cilento twice and we love it. Once in May, once in September. It is a quick drive from Naples to Cilento so I would definitely not make that a 3-day road trip. There's too much to do farther into Cilento. We have always stopped for buffalo mozzarella (plus yogurt and ice cream) and at Paestum, and then traveled on to Pisciotta. We highly recommend Hotel Marulivo and the medieval village it's in. Hiking down to the beach (with lunch at Angelina's) and back up is fun. We talked with some people in a fish shop down on the beach and they took us out with them anchovy fishing. It was amazing. We drove up into the hills to visit Radio.

Palinuro has plenty of boats that will take you to see the grottos. Just go to the beach and there are several kiosks for the excursions. The greek ruins at Vella are interesting.

We also really like the south part of the Cilento and have stayed twice at Tenuta Terre di Bosco. The welcome is warm, the food is very good and you can have dinner there. The owner arranged for us to go out on a fishing boat one morning out of nearby Scario and that was beautiful, watching them pull up squid and other things. So interesting. There are hiking trails in that area.

You can easily fill 5 days with great outdoor fun, stunning scenery plus good food!
Old Apr 15th, 2023, 08:36 AM

*Rodio. In the hills. You can see it from Pisciotta and we were curious. Also the anchovy fishing was at night so -- special adventure.
Old Apr 15th, 2023, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rosetravels
Though I'm slow to see your post and reply, we have been to Cilento twice and we love it. Once in May, once in September. It is a quick drive from Naples to Cilento so I would definitely not make that a 3-day road trip. There's too much to do farther into Cilento. We have always stopped for buffalo mozzarella (plus yogurt and ice cream) and at Paestum, and then traveled on to Pisciotta. We highly recommend Hotel Marulivo and the medieval village it's in. Hiking down to the beach (with lunch at Angelina's) and back up is fun. We talked with some people in a fish shop down on the beach and they took us out with them anchovy fishing. It was amazing. We drove up into the hills to visit Radio.

Palinuro has plenty of boats that will take you to see the grottos. Just go to the beach and there are several kiosks for the excursions. The greek ruins at Vella are interesting.

We also really like the south part of the Cilento and have stayed twice at Tenuta Terre di Bosco. The welcome is warm, the food is very good and you can have dinner there. The owner arranged for us to go out on a fishing boat one morning out of nearby Scario and that was beautiful, watching them pull up squid and other things. So interesting. There are hiking trails in that area.

You can easily fill 5 days with great outdoor fun, stunning scenery plus good food!

Thank you for this information!