Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Ciao, Fodorites, I'm On My Way! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/ciao-fodorites-im-on-my-way-498741/)

massagediva Jan 26th, 2005 03:57 PM

Ciao, Fodorites, I'm On My Way!

Well, twenty-four hours from now I will be high above the Atlantic on my way to Bella Italia for five weeks(lucky me!)
Thanks,everyone,for your help over the last months of planning. You've answered my questions,and I've been entertained by many of you. I've rented an apartment in Trastevere through Flat in Rome. I'm looking forward to having the opportunity to immerse myself in the neighborhoods of Rome,rather than the usual rush through.
Of course, I have lots of daytrips planned and will spend the last few days in one of Ira's favorite cities, Venezia.(Any last minute restaurant recs would be welcome.)I'm scheduling a gtg with fellow Fodorite, Eileen,so if you're ears are burning,you'll know we connected!Thanks again,everyone,you're wonderful. Margo

P_M Jan 26th, 2005 04:00 PM

How exciting, I would so love to spend 5 weeks in Italy!! Have a blast!!

Ciao for now!!

massagediva Jan 26th, 2005 04:02 PM

What happened to my spaces? It looks like one big run-on sentence!

P_M Jan 26th, 2005 04:05 PM

You must be so excited about your trip, you are spaced out. I would be too!!

:-))

Grasshopper Jan 26th, 2005 04:05 PM

Five weeks in Roma?! How great is that? Looking forward to your trip report.

Croque_Madame Jan 26th, 2005 04:16 PM

Boy, if I were you, I'd be so excited there'd be no sleeping tonight!

Hope you have the time of your life!

platzman Jan 26th, 2005 04:35 PM

Sounds like a real dream trip to me.
Five weeks just in Rome. WOW!
I'm envious.
I've been to Rome a lot, but never for more than 2 weeks at a time.
From Rome, I've taken daytrips to Firenze, Assisi, Pisa, Orvieto, Frascati, Ostia Antica, and even Naples once.
However, I don't like taking more than about 2 daytrips a week. You WILL find lots to do just in Rome.
You will also discover that if you return to the same restaurant or trattoria more than a couple of times, they will LOVE you.

Scarlett Jan 26th, 2005 04:45 PM

Wonderful!! Have a FABulous time and keep lots of notes for us!!
<b>Buon viaggio,</b>

LoveItaly Jan 26th, 2005 05:04 PM

massagediva - Do have the most beautiful five weeks of your life! How very excited you must be. I would not be able to sleep tonight either.

Enjoy every moment! I will be thinking of you. Take good care of yourself. A safe and joyous vacation wish to you. ((*))

LarryJ Jan 26th, 2005 05:52 PM

Five weeks makes a very nice trip. I do 3 trips of a month each every year to Europe and count the days between them. Have a great time. Take a warm sweater though, it's been chilly all throughout southern France and Italy lately.

Larry J

nbbrown Jan 26th, 2005 06:09 PM

Ooooooh, I'm so jealous! That sounds like a great time. Have fun!! Don't forget to report back to us in the &quot;States&quot;!

cigalechanta Jan 26th, 2005 06:13 PM

messagdiva, I'm excited for you. I wish you a safe but fun journey.

massagediva Jan 26th, 2005 06:25 PM

No sleeping 'round here tonight! Thanks for all of your greetings.

kismetchimera Jan 26th, 2005 06:58 PM

massagediva,
I bet that you must be so excited about your trip..
Do you imagine spending 5 weeks in my beautiful Rome?
Do you need an interpreter or a Lady in waiting in exchange of a paid airline ticket?:):)
I am going the 28th of May..I wish that was sooner..
Ciao and Buon Viaggio, have a fun in Trastevere, where you can actually find a True Roman..

ecat Jan 26th, 2005 08:14 PM

Ciao Massagadiva! Get Rome warmed up for me, eat drink, be merry &amp; cin cin to you!

Once again safe travels &amp; I'll see you in a couple weeks!

Be well,
Eileen