Ciampino check in for Ryan air

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ciampino check in for Ryan air

I am doing a day trip from Paris to Rome in November and am trying to plan the amount of time I should allow for checking in at Ryan Air in Ciampino for my return as well as how long to plan for the travel time to the airport on the shuttle. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:35 PM

In addition to shuttle there are trains that stop at an airport station -on the line to the Albano Laziale and then a shuttle bus from the airport station to the terminal - in case the Ryanair bus is not convenient.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Val

We used Ciampino with Ryan air in February this year and returned on a Saturday morning and check in was very quick and efficient. The Terravision bus leaves from the side of Termini station and the time is roughly 40 minutes but this depends on the traffic. The only downside is the scramble in the street to get on the bus as no-one queues it is just a free for fall and only the strong get on!!!
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM

We arrived at Ciampino for an early morning Saturday flight also. We were about 2 hours early because we took the very first shuttle sometime around 7 a.m. We had more than enough time to check in, security is almost a joke at Ciampino. PalQ's about right on the time for early morning.

And the bus leaves promptly from Termini.
Old Jul 19th, 2005, 01:48 PM

Sorry, Val's was the post about the timing, and she's right
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 12:12 AM

we also gave ourselves the two hours + at ciampino, and once the passengers from the bus that unloaded at same time we arrived were taken care of, the ticket counters were vitually empty the last 45 minutes. it is a VERY small airport, and since all their flights leave within an hour or two or each other, the early morning is a fiasco for about 45 minutes/hour.

once a couple of those flights have boarded or passed security.. you could just walk in 45 minutes before your flight and go straight to waiting area. (although i wouldn't have the guts to try it!)

if you are keen on the ryaniar bus (terravision) buy the round trip ticket on the flight if you are offered as the line was really long in the airport at the counter. 13 euros rt.