Reload this Page >

Chunnel to London

Search

Chunnel to London

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Gene

Chunnel to London

Does anyone have any experience( good or bad) taking the Chunnel from Paris to London? We will be in Paris for a 2 week stay, and since we'll be in the "neighborhood"...any advice is appreciated! Thank you.

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:39 AM
carol

it is a delightful way to travel, without the hassle that flying has become. go for it!

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Jen

Just to clarify: The "chunnel" is the tunnel itself; the train transport that you will take is the Eurostar.

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Tom

It's great - city center to city center. Although the trip itself isn't too long, I'd spend a night or two in London rather than try a daytrip. There are several great things to do that would warrant a 48 hour stay (Tower of London, Theatre, Churchill War Rooms, Changing of the Guard, Buckingham Palace). Enjoy

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Gene

Thanks for the tips! Does anyone have any information on the cost, amenities, or baggage restrictions? Any and all info is very much appreciated! G.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Dave

Having flown back and forth many times, and done the Eurostar once....I can highly, highly recommend the train....Especially if one is interested in sight seeing, where the city center to city center could save as much as 1-1 1/2 hours depending on how long you have to wait to clear security at the airports.....I have traveled first class in the Eurostar, and while I can't therefore comment on economy travel, and while others on this board may disagree,,,I thought that the convenience of quiet, relaxing trip under the Channel was worth the minimal extra $$...Have fun and Best Wishes.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:52 AM
janis

Gene: the Eurostar is great. But there have been many, MANY discussions of all sapects of the Eurostar/Channel Tunnel on this board. instead of rehashing it again just do a search. You will find hundreds of posts explaining it all.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:53 AM
janis

make that "aspects"