Reload this Page >

Chunnel from London to Brussels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Diane Moll

We will be flying from Baltimore to London and on to Brussels in May. I thought it might be fun to take the Chunnel from London to Brussels but after looking at posts on this forum it looks as though there is no easy route from London-Waterloo. Am I missing something? I can't believe it takes between one and two hours and many train connections to enjoy this new wonderful means of transportation. I would appreciate your comments. Thank you very much.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:01 PM
John

Diane, the train goes directly to Brussels from Waterloo. It takes about 3 1/2 hours, makes stops at Ashford and Lille. Zoom, zoom. The most amazing thing about it is how ordinary it feels.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 02:04 PM
Patrick

I've taken Eurostar between London and Paris several times and really love it. This summer we will be going from Brugge to London and although we can get the train in Brugge, make just one change in Brussels (to the Eurostar) and then go directly to London Waterloo, I thought it might make more sense to fly as we can get a ticket from Brussels to London Heathrow for something like $39. However, once I add in the time of transport from Brugge to the airport at Brussels (not easy in itself unless we hire a car (rather expensive), and add in the time and cost from Heathrow to Central London, plus allow the advance time to check in at the airport in Brussels, we have decided it is still quicker and certainly much easier to do the Eurostar. And I'm really not sure that it is very much more expensive once we've added in the various extra ground transportations.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 02:44 AM
Ruth

Diane: I may have totally misunderstood your question, but Waterloo Station is in London, on the Underground system. The Eurostar therefore goes directly from central London to the centre of Brussels (with brief stops at Ashford and Lille, as John said).<BR><BR>Have you by any chance confused Waterloo Station with Waterloo in Belgium?

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Lisa

Hi, Diane-<BR><BR>Waterloo Station in London is both a tube (underground) station AND a Eurostar station. We took the Eurostar from Brussels to London a year ago and absolutely loved it. It was the most fabulous ride, and we can't wait to do it again. It only takes a couple of hours (I seem to remember 2 1/2), and there are no transfers. It's a very simple yet technologically advanced way to travel! Have fun!!