Christmas week in Paris

Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:18 PM
Jeanine Blessing

Christmas week in Paris

My husband and I are spending the last week in December in Paris. Can anyone tell us what to expect on Christmas day - what will be open, etc. Any suggestions about special activities or places to visit this time of year? thank you --

Sep 22nd, 2001, 09:09 PM
Maureen

jeanine
My husband and I are also travelling to paris. I am counting on everything being open.

Sep 23rd, 2001, 03:40 AM
Gina

My husband and I are also spending 10 days in Paris during Christamas time and even if nothing is open that day we can go to church, take long walks, admire some places from outside, talk to people.
Dress warm and take a walk around Louvre. Jeanine, we will be there as well. Go to the Notre-Dame during a service or American Church. Then go back to your hotel to rest and read and think how special it feels to be in Paris. After that take a long walk and look closely at the Eiffel Tower. I am not certain if any restaurants will be open that day so maybe you need to buy some stuff a day before and have a picnic in your room. These are only a few ideas. Be creative! Have a fantastic time.

Sep 23rd, 2001, 07:40 AM
Sue

It was very quiet on Christmas day when we were there. We just walked and walked, which was especially pleasant with no traffic, until we found an open restaurant. Since their big meal is Christmas Eve at midnight, I suspect that some restaurants are open to provide relief to those who spent all day fixing dinner the day before.

Search this Thread