Reload this Page >

Christmas Market in Nurnberg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 03:38 AM
Stacey

I've been to several of the Christmas Markets in Germany over the past few years, but this is the first time I'll have an opportunity to get to Nurnberg. Is there anything (craft, food, etc) specific to that area that I should be on the lookout for? Thanks for any help.

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 09:46 AM
s

anyone?

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 12:57 PM
Doug

Get the Nurnburger Lebkuchen. They are world famous. They're not my idea of great sweets, but most people dig them. They come in beautiful tins, much like the old sewing cases. The Nurnburger wurst (sausage) is also delicious and more to my liking.

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 03:21 PM
marsha

Years ago we spent a wonderful evening at the Nuremberg Christmas Market. We bought a beautiful angel with painted wax face and hands for the top of our tree. STill use in every year.

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 06:06 PM
Carol

It seems to me that it was the Nurnberg Christmas market that had the prune people. They were made with nuts and prunes and had little cloth dresses on. I had 2 that lasted me about 10 years before they finally dried up. I also bought a couple wax angels with feathers painted gold for wings. <BR>I agree with the lebkuchen in the beautiful tins but I think the lebkuchen tastes good. It's made with orange peel and when fresh is very moist.