Christmas In Venice

Sep 26th, 2005, 07:15 AM
jpm
Original Poster

Christmas In Venice

Arrive Venice Christmas day for a three-night stay. Any suggestions or comments? Things to do, great places to eat, etc. I've been to Venice before so I know my way around, just trying to plan for Christmas time.

Thanks so much,
jpm
Sep 26th, 2005, 03:41 PM

Venice is quite busy between Christmas and New Year and a number of the restaurants were closed when we were there last year making reservations for those that were open necessary. Between Christmas & New Year we ate at Post Vechie on Christmas day, La Zucca & Acqua Pazza. We also found that the No 1 vaporetto didn't run on Christmas Day.
Sep 26th, 2005, 03:53 PM

Beware that 25 and 26 December are both holiday days in Italy, so you might expect some museums or restaurants to be closed as well as less frequent ferries schedules. Churches are open (because of xmas masses and celebrations plus xmas concerts which are very beautiful, like at the Chiesa di San Vidal where there will be some classical music concerts featuring Boccherini, Vivaldi, Rossini and Haydn). The Correr Museum will hold several exhibitions too.
My advice would be to check at the Tourist Information office near St Mark's Square (going on the right, not towards Riva degli Schiavoni), but it will be closed too on xmas day...
Check www.turismovenezia.it for all the events going on in December.

Search this Thread