Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Christmas in Paris (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/christmas-in-paris-86310/)

Wendy Sep 12th, 2000 03:55 PM

Christmas in Paris

My husband, 12 year old son and I are thinking of going to Paris for 4 days around <BR>christmas. It looks like I can get reasonable fares if we leave around the 20th and return Christmas Day. After checking with travel agents I have come to the conclusion that I can do this much more inexpensively on my own (with some help). Can anyone suggest some hotels that can accomadate triples? A roll away is fine for my son! We'd like to be in a good walking area of Paris. We don't speak French, will probably need some hotel assistance in findng our way around and would like to keep the room under $200 per night. Can this be done? Thanks for any help you can provide. <BR>Wendy <BR>

Thyra Sep 12th, 2000 04:47 PM

Wendy, do a search on Hotels in Paris on this forum and you will get many, many results. I always recommend Grand Hotel Des Balcons, which is listed in Fodor's hotels of character and charm in Paris. It is next to the Luxembourg Gardens, near the Odeon, (round the corner from the McDonald's if your 12 year old does not take to French cuisine) it is a charming hotel with an Art Deco breakfast room, they serve baked brie on their b-fest menue. Staff very helpful, they speak English, and it is around 120.00 per night for a double. I have recommended this hotel to others on this forum and no one yet disappointed. (Just checked book, they do have triples listed) let me know if you would like more info. <BR>

pdv28 Sep 13th, 2000 08:44 AM

I would like to inquire on info on the Hotel du Lys (6th) in Paris. I have found all technical info on it, etc...but has anyone actually stayed there? I would like to inquire which rooms are cheap but still have a view (and are fairly nice)? Are the rooms here quaint and charming, or dungy and dumpy? I would be interested in hearing about rooms, bathrooms, views, location, etc.... <BR> <BR> Please, if you have stayed here, I would love to hear your comments, opinions, experiences as I will be staying for quite a long time and would like to be comfortable and not stuck in a musty hole in the wall!(inserts a hearty laugh) <BR> <BR>Thanks everyone! <BR>Patricia

pdv28 Sep 13th, 2000 08:47 AM

I could have sworn I was posting a new message (above). I do apologize. Will try posting again. <BR> <BR>Patricia

Maya Oct 8th, 2000 12:02 PM

Wendy - we are visiting Paris during the same time and are staying at an apartment-hotel in the 6th, near the Pointe Neuf. Check the website www.citadines.com - they have studios and one bedrooms with small kitchen and the service of a hotel. Good luck!

Jill Oct 8th, 2000 04:01 PM

I found my Paris hotel (Le Madison)on boulevard.com, I like this site because it posts reviews from recent travelers. <BR> <BR>We're going in November, so I'll report back on the hotel.

s! Oct 8th, 2000 05:16 PM

My husband and I went to Paris last Christmas. We had a great time. We stayed at the Hilton Paris and found it quite comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a block from the Effel Tower and close to the Paris Metro. Have great trip.