Good evening, all!
I am planning a surprise 65th birthday trip to Ireland for my husband as I found $650 RT tix on AerLingus. We leave Dec. 15 and return home Dec. 28. I'm thrilled as I've read that there are a number of great holiday markets in Ireland.
I am trying to figure out which markets to see. When we were in Ireland the first time, we spent basically one day each in Dingle, Killarney, Blarney, Waterford, and Kilkenny. I think we spent 2 in Dublin.... I don't want a whirlwind tour again.
I've read that there are good markets in Waterford, Cork, Killarney, Limerick, Galway, and Dublin. At this point, I'm thinking we should spend Christmas Eve and Day in Dublin. I'm thinking about doing Galway and Limerick since we have not been there before. But then I wonder if I should plan on Killarney instead of Galway.
If anyone can give me some advice or recommendations, I would appreciate it.
As a side note, I don't want a car, so we'll be taking the train. Oh! His grandfather was from Limerick (Grandma was from Cork.).
PS.... I wanted to stay in a castle over Christmas, but the costs are way too high.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ESET 1800:681:72O8 Password Reset CONTACT ESET Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Ferry vs. plane Athens to Santorini
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 5 Change of resident
- 6 How best to see the Douro Valley?
- 7 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 8 The World's Greatest Churches
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 11 Driving
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 14 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 17 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 18 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 19 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 22 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 23 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 24 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017
Good evening, all!