My friends and I are going to Europe from mid dec to beginning of January. We'll be starting of from Rome and then plan to do Florence then Munich, bamberg, rohtenburg, neuschwanstein castle etc. I was really excited about being in Bavarian area during Christmas but it didn't hit me that a lot of places I wanna see including Christmas markets, castles, bamberg and rohtenburg etc might be closed during that time and there might be limited public transport aswell. So I need suggestions about how to go about it and if any places would be open to explore from around 24th dec to 26th. Or would it be a better idea to get to Germany directly from Rome and after checking out all the places I've mentioned above move back to Italy and do Florence etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Austria
- 2 Help with Venice Trip?
- 3 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 4 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 7 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 8 Le Marche Research Help
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 11 Greece in end October
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 16 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 17 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 18 Favorite London memories
- 19 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 20 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 23 Norte Dame light show!
- 24 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 25 Avignon