Reload this Page >

Christmas in Austria or Switzerland?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 06:35 AM
Maegan

Hello, <BR>My husband and I are americans living in Dresden, Germany. We are wanting to go to either Austria or Switzerland for the Christmas holiday. We have done some reasearch on the two areas, but would like some input. Does anyone know of any good small places or bed and breadfasts to stay? Will they be open over the holidays?? I would greatly appreciate any input from any one who is able. <BR>Thanks again! <BR>Maegan

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 06:59 AM
Helen Donegan

Why not Italy Maegan? <BR>I am organising a Christmas break here in Umbria - it will be my dream Christmas and I hope the same for others as well. <BR>

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 04:54 PM
bettyk

Years ago, when we lived in Vienna, we spent the Christmas holiday in a lovely little town called Abtenau which is in the Salzkammergut. Nice town, good skiing and friendly people. Really enjoyed it.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Liz

My husband and I spent last Christmas in Saas Fee, Switzerland and absolutely loved it. It's a lovely, car-free village, surrounded by snow-capped peaks with loads of places to stay. There were bars that were hopping as well as quieter places to hang out. It was a very relaxing visit for us. Skiing is right at the village and is especially good for beginners and intermediates. You can also go sledding, which is a blast! We spent Christmas Eve at a cozy restaurant where they sang Silent Night in several languages and toasted the holiday. I think this is the website we found most useful -- www.saas-fee.ch Have fun!

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 08:54 AM
shirl

I just spent thanksgiving in Fulpmes austria just south of Innsbruck. We skiid Stubital glacier and another resort. It snowed the whole time we where there. the skiing was awesome. Austria is cheaper than switzerland. With the glacier you are gaurnteed skiing. I stayed at the below resort a 4 star hotel. It was beatiful and wonderful service. We had a great time.<BR>It only takes about 5 hours from Heidleberg to drive there.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Hotel Stubaierhof<BR>A-6166 Fulpmes / Tirol<BR>Tel.: +43 / 5225 / 62266-0 Fax: -55<BR>e-mail: [email protected]