Search

Choosing btwn Venice Hotels - pls help!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choosing btwn Venice Hotels - pls help!

Hi Everyone,

New to the board. Am going to Italy in a few weeks and we're planning on hitting Rome, Florence and Italy. We're debating between 5 hotels in Venice (all are good in their own way) and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts...was perusing the boards and everyone seems really helpful so thanks in advance!

1) Hotel Monaco: www.hotelmonaco.it
2) Hotel Antico Doge: www.anticodoge.com
3) Hotel Abbazia: www.venice-hotel.abbaziahotel.com
4) Novecento Hotel: www.inns-venice-hotel-design.novecento.biz
5) Hotel Campiello: www.hcampiello.it/inglese
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 11:29 AM

have you entered each hotel name in www.tripadvisor.com to read the reviews? That certainly could help you narrow them down. I personally have stayed at Novecento and my review is on tripadvisor. You can also find good info and pictures of Novecento on www.i-escape.com. It's very different in its decor..very asian and moroccan inspired with the most beautiful and helpful staff. I would also recommend you use the search field at the top of this page to get reviews and information on this website. Just type "novecento" (without quotation marks) and it'll pull up the latest threads that mention those words. Good luck.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 11:52 AM

On your list, I think the highest price hotel is Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal---if that is the one you named. If it's name is just Hotel Monaco, I don't know about it. Of the others, I would consider Hotel Abbazia to be the best overall. If price is about the same for all of them, and if the Monaco you named is Monaco & Grand Canal, then I think you ought to go for the Monaco. Just be careful that they aren't in the middle of a winter renovation. Good luck.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 09:17 AM

When are you going? Our information will probably be too late to help you --we will be staying at both Villa Abbazia and Hotel Antico Doge from Nov. 22-28.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 10:29 AM

Not to confuse you but check out Best Westerns Bizanzio. A great hotel. Has balconys and is in a great location. Stayed there twice and were pleased.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 06:16 PM

My family and I just stayed at the Hotel Campiello in October and were very happy with it. The location is very central---just a few minutes' walk from San Marco and a few steps from the San Zaccaria vaporetto stop---but it's set back from the main thoroughfare on a small campo. The staff was helpful, breakfasts were decent, and the rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. I'd stay there again and can recommend it. Good luck!
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 02:17 PM

Myself, my husband and another couple stayed at Hotel Campiello in Sept. 2003. It's a fantastic location in Venice. You walk out the front door, down the sidewalk to the main sidewalk (and there is the water), turn right, cross the bridge and you are in San Marcos Square. Our room was on the 2nd floor and was very nice. Our friends stayed on the 3rd floor and their room was not nearly as nice as ours, although both were very clean and small. Their room was furnished in 1970s California beach style. Kind of weird for Vencie. We got a good laugh, but felt sorry for them. But it was only for 3 nights. However, our room was in the venitian style and quite nice. The staff was very, very nice. Water pressure was good, however, the shower was so small that the soap dish was on the outside of the shower. I thought that was funny.

The hotel is tucked back in a courtyard and it is very quite. The breakfast was satisfactory. I would definitley stay there again. The restaurant that shares the courtyard is good too.

Looking at their website now, it looks like they have re-furbished the rooms.