Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Choosing a great hotel in Venice - suggestions, please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

For a one-night in Venice would you choose which hotel: Hotel Danieli, Bauer Il Palazzo or would you choose another one?
Since it´s a babymoon in Italy, we would like to stay in a great hotel, but near the Piazza di San Marco. It´s in the end of May.
Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Happy Easter
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 07:56 AM

Either choice, or a few others, will be fine. For one night, it seems to be relatively unimportant. You should try to stay longer. Good luck.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

We already know Venice (although it´s impossible to know as much as we would like), and this trip is just to remind us of a few wonderful places. So, as I´m pregnant and won´t be able to move around so freely as before, we would prefer to stay in a perfect hotel. To watch the city and the channels sipping a cocktail, and so on. We´ll be back with our child as soon as will be possible to travel without a hundred packs. That´s why we would like to choose a perfect place, since it´ll be years without seeing La Serenissima again.
Thanks!
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Got a great lagoon view room here tre romantuiqe...150eu/nt

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reser...Inn_Venice.htm
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 07:30 AM

I haven't stayed at the Danieli, but that would be my pick (I've stayed at the Westin Europa & Regina and the Luna Baglioni, both very nice with great locations). On my first visit to Venice I had afternoon tea at the Danieli and was taken on a private tour of the hotel by the Maitre d', including a look at the top suites and the lovely views from the roof. It was all beautiful, and it is a historic structure too, home of one of the Dandolo Doge.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 07:37 AM

Danieli.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM

A front room at the Metropole, facing the lagoon, would be my choice. I just like the fact that the Metropole is a little less pretentious than some of the other luxury hotels, that I can unload off the water taxi at their side door, that the food and service are always great, and that the wonderful Vivaldi music floats gently through the hotel, providing the ultimate soothing experience. Since Vivaldi lived in the hotel for a while (when it wasn't a hotel) there is a bit of history also. Good luck.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM

The Hotel Colombina is a four-star hotel, located at Calle del Remedio, Castello 4416. It is a very classy and pleasant hotel, in true “Venetian” style of design.

Another appealing hotel we noticed include is theDona Palace Hotel, four-stars, San Marco 391. www.donapalace.it. It overlooks the Rio of Palazzo Ducale, the Bridge of Sighs canal.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM

Danieli - it's truly unforgettable. And do mention the babymoon - they may provide a little extra.