choice help

Feb 29th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

choice help

I am under 30yrs, older than 25 recently divorced with two sons. I have always desired to go to Spain. My X-wife was able to go to Madrid for ten days with her girlfriend(I was pleased, was a destination for our 10yr anniversary[3-2-04]wouldve been 8) ANYWAY, I planned on going this September. After hearing about Rome &Florence I would like to add them to the trip.(Some ladies at work said I "looked" Italian and HAD to go) This is to be VERY economical. I will pack a backpack with some khakis(2) tee-shirt(2) and 2buttondowns as well as what I wear on the flight. A journal and a 35mm camera with more black&white film than Charlie Chaplin saw.&color of course. Expected time will be 14days:3 in Rome 3in Florence and 8in Barcelona however I wondered if I should split time and see Madrid. I speak decent Spanish but I know that doesnt matter everyone speaks English it seems. I really will have no itenarary other than fly into rome hit the major archetictural spots in ALL cities and pieces of art, try to hang-out and meet as many "cool" locals as possible, and though more "soul searching" than party trip yes I WILL want to check-out some clubs. Figure I'll eat 2 meals a day and stay in hostels or with people I may meet. Any info or GOOD advice if there is such a thing is soooo welcomed. Also should I take the train from Florence to Barcelona, is this possible? and what about Milan? Worth seeing? I will train(I thought) From Rome to Florence.
Thanks
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:45 AM

Think about your header for a minute. Most of the posts on this board are requesting opinions to help make a choice. What if all posts had the header "choice help". Not much would get done, would it?

Why don't you repost with Italy and Spain in your header.

Curious

Search this Thread