Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   chiusi car rental (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/chiusi-car-rental-508340/)

grammy3 Mar 1st, 2005 02:17 PM

chiusi car rental

I am renting a car in chiusi from auto europe-there are two locations for pick-up. scalo city office 22 piazze dante, or chiusi serviced by siena rail meet and greet. We will be arriving from Rome by train-is the 2nd one the one I want?
Also, we will be dropping off in Florence. Again there are 2 to choose from. 128r Via Borgo Ognissanti, or 53-55r Via Borgo Ognissanti. We are staying up near San Lorenzo market area--which drop off address is closer? Grazie

StuDudley Mar 1st, 2005 02:59 PM

>>I am renting a car in chiusi from auto europe-there are two locations for pick-up. scalo city office 22 piazze dante, or chiusi serviced by siena rail meet and greet<<

I don't know what the "meet & greet" is. There is an Avis office at the train station, which I assume is the latter. The station is not in town - it is several Ks south. I assume you really mean that you are renting from Avis, through AutoEurope. AE does not own any cars. Unless another rental firm established an office at the train station recently, Avis is the only office there.

Stu Dudley

Patrick Mar 1st, 2005 08:08 PM

If you want to know whether it is Avis or not (and if it is at the train station, then as Stu says, it certainly is), all you have to do is pick up a phone, dial 1-800-223-5555 which is Auto Europe and ask them.
If you are looking at the website for pickup and drop off locations, be aware that the drop off possibilities will be narrowed down according to which pickup location you choose. In other words once you pick an Avis pick up location, then your drop off one will have to also be Avis. I'm assuming that the two addresses both on Via Borgo Ognissanti are for two different agencies, so which one will definitely depend on which agency you're picking up from. Again, call Auto-Europe and they can tell you.

grammy3 Mar 2nd, 2005 01:59 PM

thankyou for the 800#-I'll try that. I've rented from auto europe before in England,(tho, this is first time on the internet) and when I asked where different locations were, they didn't have a clue-so i figured the same may happen again-therefore try my new buddies from Fodor's!

Ramblero Mar 2nd, 2005 05:00 PM

The AutoEurope office (I don't know the street address...I think there's only one) in Chuisi is immediately across the plaza + street from the train station. We dropped our car there and took the train to Naples. Piece of cake.

StuDudley Mar 2nd, 2005 05:05 PM

>>>The AutoEurope office (I don't know the street address...I think there's only one) in Chuisi is immediately across the plaza + street from the train station. We dropped our car there and took the train to Naples. Piece of cake.<<<

Slight correction. The Avis office is at this location. The only place AutoEurope is located, is in Portland, Maine, USA.

Stu Dudley