Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Chinese New Year in Paris, February 1st or 2nd?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 06:54 PM
Quinty

I have gotten conflicting reports.<BR>The Chinese New Year celebration will be on Saturday, February 1 according to some sites, and Sunday, February 2 according to others.<BR>Some of these conflicting sites are even linked to eachother!<BR>SO<BR>Does anyone know for sure?<BR>www.paris-touristoffice.com states that a parade will be on 2/2/03, starting at 2p.m. at the corner of ave d'Ivry and blvd Massena. <BR>Whatsonwhen.com states that celebrations will be on the 1st.<BR>Any Parisians out there who can help?<BR>I would hate to show up on the wrong day!<BR>Thanks! <BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:39 PM
Quinty

Trying to keep afloat here.<BR>Anybody?

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:17 AM
parisian

The main parade is on Feb. 2 in the 13th arrondissement as you noticed.<BR><BR>Last year there were more than 100 000 spectators along the 5km parade

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:32 AM
Quinty

Dear parisian,<BR>Thank you very much for confirming the parade date.<BR>I'll be one of the masses there to watch!<BR><BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:38 AM
sharon

Quinty, <BR>Sorry, I'm not going to be any help here, but what parade? I'll be in Paris then and I want to be one of the masses watching too!<BR>This sounds like an event I would hate to miss!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Quinty

For Sharon, or anyone else who is interested, there will be a Chinese New Year celbration on February 2nd.<BR> <BR>The parade for this starts at 2:00 p.m. at the corner of d'Ivry and Blvd. Massena. (13e I believe)<BR>There will be all the gongs, drums and dragons that you'd expect, cultural dances, martial arts and Kung Fu, all in full costume.<BR>Really neat stuff, I think.<BR> <BR>There is also a parade on Feb 1st but it is not the main one. <BR><BR>