Reload this Page >

Chicago Fodorites Event a Great Success

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 04:03 PM
Beth

Hi everyone - <BR>I just got back from meeting with the other Chicagoans, Milwaukeeans and of course, Art, the Southern California representative. <BR> <BR>We had a great time talking about our travel experiences and looking at each others albums (they were incredible) while we consumed some of the best tapas and sangria anywhere in Chicago. <BR> <BR>It was great to put some faces with the names you see all the time on this forum. Richard from LaGrange Park, S Fowler, Art and all the rest. I now know why we see their names all the time. They all have very extensive travel experience. How about this - Richard and his lovely wife just returned from their 21st trip to Italy!! I feel like a newbie compared to everyone else. <BR> <BR>We had a great time and are all in agreement that this will be a regular event for us. And everyone loved Cafe Iberico. We had our own little area and are planning to return for our next meeting in January or February. <BR> <BR>After attending this one, I would highly suggest other cities organize something. It was a great time and so nice to spend a few hours with fellow travelers just talking about something we all love to do. <BR> <BR>One of us will post the photos a few of us took to a website shortly for anyone who would like to see them. One of us will post the URL when it's ready. <BR> <BR>Thanks again to everyone for a wonderful Saturday afternoon. I'm already looking forward to our next one! <BR> <BR>Beth

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 06:32 PM
s.fowler

Well it *WAS* wonderful And thank YOU Beth for doing so much to make it a success [Beth made us all name tags AND genuine souvenir bookmarks!] <BR> <BR>It was a blast putting faces to posters. I enjoyed *everyone* -- I got lots of information from Deena about Cinqueterre , enjoyed ALL the pictures and thought it was pretty neat that Art, the SoCal "host-with-the-most", cashed in some frequent flyer miles to join us. <BR>And the food at Cafe Iberico was yuuuuuuuummmmmy <BR> <BR>Here's to the next meeting <BR>

Old Nov 18th, 2000, 07:04 PM
Deena

I, too, want to thank Beth for organizing our 'get together'. I enjoyed the group's lively discussions and the wonderful photographs. It was great putting names with faces and hearing all the interesting travel stories and plans for future trips. Looking forward to our future meetings!

Old Nov 19th, 2000, 08:48 AM
richard j vicek

To all concerned" <BR>Can only say thanks for a wonderful afternoon with fellow travelers. <BR>Marion and Richard of La Grange Park, IL. <BR>Will await our next meeting. rjv

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 05:19 AM
chicago_topper

For the morning crowd

Old Nov 20th, 2000, 06:32 AM
Paul J

Mary and I want to add our thanks to all who made for a great afternoon. And special thanks to Beth for her effort in organizing the day! Thanks again,...Paul J