Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Chelsea Green or Darlington Hyde Park hotels in London

Mar 26th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Pat

Does anyone have any experience or information about either the Chelsea Green Hotel or the Darlington Hyde Park hotel? Any opinions on location, rooms, experiences at either hotel? I tried a search on this site but couldn't find anything. Seem similar in style and price. Any advice please. Thank you.

Mar 30th, 2002, 06:07 AM
Pat

ttt...still looking for help...

Mar 31st, 2002, 07:04 PM
Armand

We are staying at the Chelsea Green this July. We like to have a suite, w/AC, and this hotel seemed to be the best value for money. We got a rate of 150 pounds incl. VAT thru londontown.com That's about as cheap as a four-star suite comes, and we found great feedback about it on several different sites. Good luck.

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:16 AM
helful

topping

Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:54 AM
chrissie

Pat, I stayed at the Chelsea Green in January for a week and was delighted with the hotel and my room. I've recommended to a number of people I know since then. It was spacious, light (big windows), lovely marble bathroom with heated towel racks. The neighborhood is fabulous. Quiet, residential, but a few minutes walk to Kings Road and the So Ken tube station. Service excellent. Breakfast buffet is a little pricey, but I skipped that and had a bagel or fruit once I was out for the day. Be sure to check laterooms.com about 2 weeks before you go. You may be able to get an even better rate.