Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

cheaptickets.com 9/11 refund policy, anybody else go through this? any suggestions?

Search

cheaptickets.com 9/11 refund policy, anybody else go through this? any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 05:54 AM
minbrooklyn

I bought two tickets for Paris through cheaptickets.com to fly to CDG (Paris) on September 13. I waited a couple of weeks to apply for a refund. Requested the form from cheaptickets, got the paperwork together, and mailed it all via 2-day UPS to Hawaii where their offices are on Oct 8. Well, I called cheaptickets yesterday and here's what happened: <BR> <BR>First call: got a customer care rep who referred me to another number, which I called. Ended up at a recorded voice that asked me to leave my name and address and I would be contacted in 48 hours followed by another message that said I couldn't leave a message. Then hung up on. <BR> <BR>Second call: (called back the original 1-800#) was routed right away to above recorded message and hung up on. <BR> <BR>Third call: spoke to a sales rep, told her what happened, was apologized to, then transferred to the recorded message where I was hung up on. <BR> <BR>Fourth call: spoke to another sales rep, told him about previous call and that if he were to transfer me I needed to be connected to a live person and not hung up on. He told me he was dedicated to cutomer care and would not hang up on me. Was transferred, the phone rang once and I was hung up on. <BR> <BR>Fifth call: my bf and fellow passenger called, immediately said he wanted to file a complaint and wanted to talk to a manager. Explained all of the above to her. She apologized, then said it would take *3 months* for us to get our refund (about $1,000) and that I had been told that (which was not true). <BR> <BR>Is this legal? Has anyone else experienced this kind of run around? Thanks for any feedback.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 06:13 AM
xyz

YES

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Ann

Call your credit card company, and try to get your money charged back to your account through them.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 12:41 PM
minbrooklyn

I've spoken to American Express, the representative said he thought 3 months was a reasonable amount of time to get the refund. He also said Am Ex will help with older disputes (I bought the tickets in March) and that I could fax in the info to that department. So, I'll fax the info just to cover us, then I guess I'll sit back and wait, probably like a large number of other people are doing.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 01:14 PM
Christina

I think that's a reasonable time also for a refund; I've been given time frames that long for lots of items I've purchased for refunds even when there's no dispute. Not that I like Cheaptickets, though, and wouldn't use them myself, but with charges, banks, credit cards, etc, sometimes those can take a long time. Just wanted to mention that I have called a couple places that also have some hold recording or something that ALWAYS hangs up on you so you can never talk to someone. I really try not to deal with such places, but that is a phenomenon I've noticed before which I'm not sure how to explain -- either bad phone system/software or they are too busy to put you in the queue so hang you up, I don't know, but some companies always hang up on you when you reach a certain number.