cheapest way to london

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 09:24 AM
Ong Denna

cheapest way to london

i've read abt eurostar. is there a cheaper alternative from paris to london in december?

Old Nov 13th, 1998, 09:44 AM
Christina

Of course, there is. A regular train
is cheaper -- regular trains are
invariably cheaper than high-speed
(e.g., TGV) trains in any country -- you
have to combine this with ferry or
Hovercraft. The cheapest, as always,
is by bus. The bus goes by ferry over
the Channel, but I think total trip may
take about 12 hours. You never know,
sometimes you can even get cheap
local flights cheaper than Eurostar--if
you are comparing a discount youth,
etc. fare on Eurostar, probably not,
though.

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 02:56 PM
Jeff

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Christina. There may be cheaper olternatives, but the inconvenience may far outweigh the cost. I went from Paris to Calais and took the ferry to Dover and then went on to London. I'm a fairly hearty personand I was beat after all of that. Take the Chunnel via Eurostar is my advice.

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 06:58 PM
Judy

Some of the middle eastern airlines do an unadvertised stop between Paris and London. I have used PIA and Gulf Air.

You need to go into a travel agent on the left bank, near the University and ask about it. You cannot call the airlines directly. I think I went into a Wagon-Lits office . Possibly it was on the Rue Monsieur Les Prins. I think that is how you spell it.

Good luck.

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 07:00 PM
Judy

Some of the middle eastern airlines do an unadvertised stop between Paris and London. I have used PIA and Gulf Air.

You need to go into a travel agent on the left bank, near the University and ask about it. You cannot call the airlines directly. I think I went into a Wagon-Lits office . Possibly it was on the Rue Monsieur Les Prins. I think that is how you spell it.

Good luck.

Old Nov 15th, 1998, 07:00 PM
Judy

Good luck.

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 02:29 PM
Jill

We will be taking British Airways from London to Paris this week - round-trip for $148.00 - 1 hour flight. We had also looked into the Eurostar, but we are on a short timetable, and this was better rates. This particular rate is valid for certain times only. Regular fare was $160-$180 R/T. Good Luck!

Old Nov 16th, 1998, 04:54 PM
Dee

We thought we might want to take a ferry to Paris for the fun and experience of it but after research on it, decided to take the Eurostar. It was a good decision, saving time and inconvenience. If you book 7 days in advance, you can get a cheaper fare. We booked coach and it was very pleasant-only about six others in our car. We felt it was easier and more pleasant than taking a plane and we could see some countryside. Check the plane fare when you arrive, if you are most interested in the rates--could be you can get a cheaper rate by plane if you're lucky. See recent chunnel question for more information.