Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   cheapest airfares to Europe in June (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/cheapest-airfares-to-europe-in-june-709661/)

insearchofheaven Jun 1st, 2007 06:51 AM

cheapest airfares to Europe in June

Hi

Well we are within 3 wks of our vacation and haven't yet had anytime to plan our vacation in end june(22june- 1st July)
I was working in ICU practically 15 hrs everyday..thats the life of a resident)

Now when I am looking..cant find any RT flight less than $1200 from NYC to anywhere in Europe ( I looked for flights from NYC to geneva/vienna/amsterdam etc)

I am open to going anywhere in Europe..except Paris and Venice where I went last year and absolutely loved.

Can anybody suggest a romantic itenerary for 2 for a week in Europe( I am 16 wks pregnant and this is our last vacation before having a kid..) ..can't seem to decide where to go and also if somebody has tips for a cheaper flight anywhere..it will be most welcome...
Thanks..

Carolina Jun 1st, 2007 07:22 AM

Hi, you should be able to get something cheaper than $1200. Just had a look at a few: Continental out of Newark- Amsterdam $1042.40, London $936. Continental often have cheap trips to Cologne but didn't manage to check that.
Aer Lingus: JFK to Dublin $1017.76
Virgin: JFK to London $980
From Ireland and England, there are lots of very cheap fares with budget airlines to other parts of Europe. Another idea would to be fly to Manchester, England and visit the Lake District / Scotland, or fly into Glasgow. Virgin has a good flight if you can travel in the morning on 22nd and arrives back in US in evening of 1st July.
I suggest to save time you look at the airlines own websites. These seem to be pretty competative at the moment,

Carolena

Dukey Jun 1st, 2007 07:23 AM

You might try using the month-long view at www.itasoftware.com

smp1288 Jun 1st, 2007 08:07 AM

Hi insearchof

check out bestfares.com

They have fares to Denmark from NY at that time from around $700. I can get you a number to the operators if you are interested.

smp1288 Jun 1st, 2007 08:10 AM

And Sweden looks to be somewhere between $600-700 with taxes

wojazz3 Jun 1st, 2007 09:24 AM

I took a look at itasoftware.com and the graphic display of the travel times is very nice. Unfortunately, for the times I was looking, the prices were about 130 more than expedia.

Bill

dfr4848 Jun 1st, 2007 10:12 AM

Have you tried kayak.com?

DRJ Jun 1st, 2007 10:15 AM

Skyauction.com

insearchofheaven Jun 2nd, 2007 06:25 PM

Thanks everybody....

For now flying to London seems to be the cheapest but my heart is more set on switzerland & prague now..

How is skyauction?anybody had experience with it?

travelgirl2 Jun 2nd, 2007 07:06 PM

www.airfarewatchdog.com

London usually is the cheapest from the NY area. You can check www.whichbudget.com to see about cheap connecting flights within Europe. It will tell you which budget carriers fly between various destinations.

As a pregnant resident, I'd say you are due for this vacation, so make it a good one!