I've been starting to plan a backpacking trip for this coming January or February. I know this isn't the ideal time to be doing sightseeing but I am young, adventurous and will make the most of it! I plan on seeing some of the more southern parts of Western Europe to avoid the cold as much as possible. I am curious to know where I might find the best deals for discount airlines from the US to Western Europe. I am looking to fly out of Boston and am not sure what the best hubs in terms of directness and most of all price. I am willing to fly into a random place (say Ireland or Iceland) and finding a way to the country I will be exploring via another cheap flight. I would ideally be visiting Madrid, Andalusia and southern Italy possibly including Sicily. I have been looking at Wow Airlines and I do see some options to Iceland but am a little wary about getting to Spain and/or Italy. I am willing to check out a place like Iceland for a couple of days if I would be flying into it.
Thanks for your help. This site has always been so helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 2 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 8 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 9 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 10 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 11 Budget campervans hire in Europe???
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 paris to london- day trip
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 17 10 Days in Austria
- 18 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 19 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 20 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 21 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 22 Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 Le Marche Research Help
- 24 land vs river cruise
- 25 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??