Reload this Page >

Cheap stays near the Zurich Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:58 PM
Rosemary Pasquier

I have an early flight and I am looking for a hotel with a shuttle to the airport, close to the airport. I will be returning the car in the night before as I don't want the hassle first thing in the morning. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
sheilla

i think holiday inn has shuttle and is at airport area.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 05:53 PM
T. Anderson

We did this New Year's Eve because we had an early flight back to the states. We stayed at the Airport Hotel Ibis. It is more than adequate. Very similar to a Hampton Inn in the states. You may email me for further info.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 11:18 AM
chris

Formule 1 has a Zurich Airport location for 59sfr. per night and I'm nearly certain they have a shuttle, the Ibis mentioned above is also a good option about 99sfr. Both through www.accorhotels.com

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:41 PM
grosshotel

if the formule 1 is same as one i went to in spain.. forget it.<BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Bob Brown

Time wise you are just as well off to stay in a hotel in Z&uuml;rich itself.<BR>Trains from the main station to the station within the airport terminal are very frequent.<BR>The trip is 11 minutes and there are perhaps 6 trains per hour, or even 7.<BR>I don't think you can beat it, frankly.<BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since we also have an early flight from Zurich, made a reservation at the Novotel Zurich Airport Messe on Talackerstr. The airport is about 5 min. away and the hotel has a shuttle.<BR>The Renaissance Zurich Hotel (think it's a Marriott) is also nearby and has a shuttle.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:21 PM

Well, you are counting on that shuttle leaving when you want it to!!<BR>My experience is that it leaves when someone is there to drive it.<BR>We had an early flight once and ended up keeping the car one more night just to get from the hotel to the airport because the shuttle did not leave early enough.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:30 PM

Rosemary,<BR><BR>Formule 1 is the cheapest - but we're talking truly bare bones (shared bathroom).<BR><BR>Next step up is the Ibis (basic motel level)<BR><BR>Next step up are the Novotel and the NH (formerly the Astron) - this is the full service Holiday Inn level (BTW there is no Holiday Inn in Zurich).<BR><BR>Finally, the Hilton, Renaissance and are your upscale options. <BR><BR>There's also a M&ouml;venpick Hotel, but the chain has been going through turbulent times lately so wouldn't recommend it.<BR><BR>All of these hotels have airport shuttle service. While the airport is indeed only a few minutes from the center of Zurich by train, you won't be able to find decent affordable lodging right by the train station - so staying by the airport makes sense to me.<BR><BR>The Formule 1, Ibis and Novotel can be booked at:<BR>www.accorhotels.com<BR><BR>The NH can be booked at:<BR>http://www.nh-hotels.com/busquedas/detallehotel.jsp?IDHotel=199<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR>Andre
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 07:48 AM

We didn't have any problem when we previously used a hotel shuttle in Zurich, also the wake-up call came when requested. When I made our reservation personally (didn't use a booking service) with the hotel, inquired if a shuttle leaves at 4:30/5:00 a.m. since our flight leaves at 7:00 a.m. Was told that it did. And I would think if business travelers use this hotel, the shuttle would be running this early. If there's a problem, you can always get a taxi.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 02:02 PM

I just got the Novotel Zurich Airport Messe on Priceline for $53/night for 6/7-6/9.