Reload this Page >

Cheap Hotels in Paris, London and Amsterdan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Mara

I am going to travel to Amsterdan, Rotterdan, London, Paris and Istambul with a friend, and we are looking for cheap, simple and well-located hotels (like $50 for 2 persons - $25 for each one or less). Or either we are looking for bedrooms to rent for 1 week in each place.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 12:03 AM
nudge

hi there, can't help with amsterdam, but for the other 2, try nethotels. they have over 900 places in london and 850 in paris. also there is a local call center in both london and paris to help if need be. <BR>it is a FREE service from them. <BR> <BR>good luck <BR> <BR>nudge

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 04:14 AM
Andria

Last summer I stayed at Hotel Andrea in the 2e arr. in Paris. It is very well situated, and I think breakfast was included. Email me if you want more specs. I can't seem to locate my Guide Routard at the moment. We had a top floor room and we could see Notre Dame and Beaubourg from our tiny balcony. They were renovating last summer, so I'm sure that they're done by now and it probably looks great. Hopefully they didn't raise the prices.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 04:22 AM
Andria

Hotel Andrea is in the 4e arr. not the 2e.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Zandra

National Geographic Traveller, March 2001 has a great article on 22 Great Hotels in Paris for under $100.00 I booked one of the hotels for June. My cousin and I will be sharing a room in the 7th arrondissement at the Hotel du Palais Bourbon just up the street from the Rodin museum.. Cost per person will be about $50/per night for a spacious air conditioned room, private bath, CNN and more including continental breakfast.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 08:41 AM
sam

For Paris, "Hotel Welcome" or "Welcome Hotel" in the 5th. Great location, great nightlife/restuarants and great Metro stops. Basic, clean hotel with a nice staff. I had a single for around $60 last November. May be more this time of year. Again, what I believe is the best location in Paris.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 11:19 AM
gail

Hotel de Chevreuse, 3, rue de Chevreuse, 75006, has doubles for 268ff, if you don't mind lack of an elevator. Clean and recently refurbished. It's one block from Metro line 4, two blocks from the Jardin de Luxembourg, just off Boulevard Montparnasse. Depending on your stamina, you can walk to many sights in the 5th and 6th arrondissemnets, or just hop on the metro. Good restaurants and grocery store nearby.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Andria

I will second Hotel Chevreuse. I also stayed there two years ago. It's cheap, clean, close to metro and near markets etc. The bonus is you'll get extra exercise climbing the stairs. <BR> <BR>However, I found Hotel Andrea more convenient because it was a quick walk to Notre Dame, Beaubourg, Louvre, Hotel de Ville. I guess it depends on what you prefer to stay next to.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 02:00 PM
Brenda

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel Baastille last week. 354 FF for a twin room. 5 min. from the metro. 71 Rue de Charonne. I found the hotel through a fodor posting by Ross. It is small (aren't most?), but as comfortable as a cruise ship cabin. Just don't do the breakfast. We thought it was included, but it wasn't. 100FF ($15 per person) was pricey for the meager offering. You have to call the 1-800 Comfort Hotel number and ask for the stand by rate. The res agent first told me she didn't know about it and I made her ask her supervisor. The only requirement is that you ask for it. 40% discount. They confirmed by email to me. you can see the property at www.choicehotels.com

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 08:59 PM
Capo

In Paris, you might want to try the charming little Hotel Nesle, on the short street of the same name, in the 6th, only a few blocks from the Seine. Small, but well-decorated and painted rooms, and a very good price for the excellent location (I think I paid under $50 for a single three years ago.) The only "catch" is that they only take walk-ins, so you'd need to get there early in the morning and hope for the best. Good luck, and have a great trip!

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 02:56 PM
vicki

Hi. Last August we stayed at Get Lucky in Amsterdam. It was in a wonderful area, right off the tram stop, overlooking a canal. It's within your price range and I highly recommend it. In fact, I'm going back in September and staying there again. If you make a reservation, tell Michael Vicki and the boys said hi! Web address is www.xs4all.nl/~getlucky. Have fun.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 02:15 PM
Mara

Really thanks for all you recomendations, they are all going to be really welcome. I just would like to ask if the ones who gave me names of hotels, have the e-mails or the internet page of the hotels listed.