Cheap flights to Italy?

Mar 8th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Cheap flights to Italy?

Best fares from Boston to Rome or Venice around $900 to $1000 in June! Is it possible to do better? Thanks!
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:28 AM

Just checked Expedia and they have a r/t for first Wednesday in June that goes for $798.50. Some friends and I are hoping to travel to Rome this November, which may not be ideal weather-wise, but airfare to Rome drops to about $450!

I would check other sites such as Orbitz and Travelocity, too, of course. Good luck and let me know if you find any bargains!
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:56 AM
TheCompany

Al is offering approx.$380 RT dulles-Milan RT nas an intro special to celebrate their NS service. This runs for only two months or so.

Mar 8th, 2004, 09:10 AM
rex

Less than ideal, but on http://airtravelcenter.com/onetrav.htm - - you can get $530-542 (taxes included) on Air Canada, for Boston-London, and then on Ryanair.com London (Stansted) to Rome (Ciampino) for 44.02 GBP (about $80 USD,all taxes included). And add about $40 for LHR-STN bus travel roundtrip.

This is for arbitrary dates, June 9-16. You would need the $542 fare on Air Canada to void layoing over a night on the return in London.

It will eat up the better part of your arrival day actually getting TO Rome - - arrive LHR at 10:00 and in Rome at 16:55 - - but only you know what it's worth to you to save about $200-300.

Others may have a better idea of how to do it cheaper/better.

Or if you actually would LIKE to spend a day or two in London, then the Ryanair plan takes on additional appeal.

Best wishes,

Rex
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Hmm...... it is looking almost impossible! Will follow up on your suggestions and hope for the best. May have to start planning for a different time of year, but difficult to coordinate everyone's schedule.
Mar 8th, 2004, 06:50 PM
rex

Is my solution too difficult? or too expensive? At roughly $660, I think it's pretty close to the lowest you will find; your odds of RT from Boston to Italy in June for less than $600 are slim, no matter how long you have to search (though not zero).